Tevez apologises for walking out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tevez apologises for walking out

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=629 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=3><DIV class=mxb><DIV class=sh></DIV></DIV></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=416><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=203 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><DIV> <DIV class=cap>Tevez did not wait to see West Ham cling onto a 1-0 win</DIV></DIV></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>West Ham's Carlos Tevez has said he is sorry for storming out of Upton Park after his substitution at the weekend.

The Argentine striker, 22, was keen to make amends for reacting angrily during the 1-0 win against Sheffield United.

He said: "I know I did very wrong in going and I have made it clear to the manager and my team-mates that I in no way meant to disrespect them."

Manager Alan Pardew has accepted the apology and will allow the rest of the team to decide on the size of his fine.

"Carlos reported as normal for training on Monday morning and immediately offered his apologies to the players and staff," said Pardew.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=208 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=5></TD><TD class=sibStdQuote><DIV><DIV class=mva><DIV id=q1></DIV></DIV></DIV></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>"He knows he made the incorrect decision in leaving and has decided he would like the players to vote on how much his fine should be and that it should go to the Great Ormond Street Hospital.

"The players will be given the chance to offer their opinions Tuesday morning."

Tevez, who was replaced by Teddy Sheringham in the 67th minute of Saturday's Premiership match, has not scored for Pardew's side since arriving in a blaze of publicity with fellow Argentine Javier Mascherano on transfer deadline day in August.

And their futures are now shrouded in doubt following Eggert Magnusson's successful takeover of the club.

The Argentine internationals were brought to West Ham by Iranian-born Kia Joorabchian, whose planned takeover fell by the wayside before Magnusson stepped in.

However, Tevez had played his part in a gritty performance by West Ham at and was given a warm round of applause by the home fans when he was substituted.

"I would just like to say that I left the ground in anger on Saturday," added Tevez. "It was a spur-of-the-moment decision, which I regretted almost straight away." </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)
Working...
X