So ESPN soon mash up FSC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So ESPN soon mash up FSC

ESPN2 is now bringing the EPL, and yuh know dem gween get a bigger audience, since it deh in much more households than FSC. It certainly looks good in HD.

Mo, how yuh football looking these days on that plasma screen wid the analog feed?
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Aah bwoy! I'm so sorry I moved back to this cussed country. Yuh talking analog? I'm still trying to get me colour!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
      ESPN2 is now bringing the EPL, and yuh know dem gween get a bigger audience, since it deh in much more households than FSC. It certainly looks good in HD.

Mo, how yuh football looking these days on that plasma screen wid the analog feed?
      Really? I very much doubt that. Which channel have the rights for the UCL? FSC. They have already started broadcasting the qualifiers that ESPN would overlook.

The more the merrier, while FSC was wasting time with Man City, ESPN was showing the Empire.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

ESPN needs to get their cutaways on point though. The in-studio hosts are pretty knowledgable but the technicians cut their comments short to show us the teams coming out of the tunnel for the second half and there was about a minute or so of dead air time. Me caan wait fe see La Liga
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
          Really? I very much doubt that. Which channel have the rights for the UCL? FSC. They have already started broadcasting the qualifiers that ESPN would overlook.
          Mi know, mi just sey dat in jest.
          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Well, at the moment, ESPN (and Setanta USA) actually license the USA Prem games from FOX, so until that contract expires, FSC is in maximum control. Their challenge is to figure out a deal with Comcast, Dish and Directv to be part of the basic package. If they can do that, they will be in the driver's seat for seasons to come. My guess though is that they have to watch their back because if the results of the current licensing by ESPN is successful, my guess is that ESPN will push hard to get the EPL rights whenever the FSC contract is up and flip the table on FSC.

All that said, the both of them have a ticking timebomb on their hands as what will eventually happen (my guess) is that the rights holders (e.g. the FA in England) will eventually "go direct" and cut out the middle man broadcasting via broadband under a free advertising model. That's why you should buy stock in Justin.tv as that is the model of the future. Just me thinking again (dangerous).

PM
            "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Me nuh waan watch the EPL pon me computer, so I don't think the Justin.tv will work here.
              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Fi real sah. Also, computers tend to be in areas that are not designed for relaxed viewing.

Comment

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
                  Fi real sah. Also, computers tend to be in areas that are not designed for relaxed viewing.
                  What you don't understand is that your TV will be a computer designed to pull feeds directly from the web in full HD glory no different than what you get now...do I have to explain EVERYTHING TO UNU?
                  "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post

The more the merrier, while FSC was wasting time with Man City, ESPN was showing the Empire.
                    my question is though, how will fsc air all those UCL games with just the 1 channel?

When espn had the rights i could choose and refuse, ESPN2 and ESPNI had 2 different live games, then ESPNI bringing the other big games delayed.

Comment

delayed broadcasts..

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

They can take off those WPL games and the USL ones too.

Comment

WPL? the ladies?
                          Peter R

Comment

When is FSC gonna broadcast in HD?

Comment

Dem plan to broadcast in HD in January 2010. See the following link for more info.

Comment

Working...
                              X