Two 15 year old from JA for trial with Real Madrid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two 15 year old from JA for trial with Real Madrid

Does anyone know the story about these two players from Cavalier FC, Jason Wright and Patrick Palmer? Reports that they are going to Real Madrid for a trial for two weeks.

Taken from http://www.prensaescrita.com/diarios...//www.sport.es

Article translated from Sapnish below:

Two promising young football Jamaican striker Jason Wright and midfielder Patrick Palmer, both 15, will be tested in two weeks teams of Real Madrid. As reported in the newspaper 'Jamaica Observer', Wright and Palmer will travel to Madrid next Tuesday as a prize after participating in a Campus for young talent.

Both players belong to the Cavalier FC and if technicians from Madrid feel they have conditions, they could stay longer under the discipline of club Real Madrid. The strange thing is that Wright earned his right to a trial with Real Madrid as a reward for good academic performance in the 2007 edition of Company-sponsored campus Locker Room Sport, but an injury prevented him from moving at the time .

Meanwhile, his teammate Palmer won that privilege in publishing the campus last year. The Jamaicans both players stay in Madrid will be borne by respective sponsors.

Everything indicates that this is an eminently commercial operation, as neither of the two young players seems to have been selected for this test by football standards. In fact, Florentino Perez, Real Madrid president, has business interests in Jamaica and in his day did not hesitate to sign a cooperation agreement with the Jamaica Football Federation, which provided for the Real Madrid club would offer technical assistance.

And a couple of years the Real Madrid Foundation also initiated efforts to create a football academy for young Jamaicans, one of many such projects that the club Real Madrid is in operation in various countries.

Interesting post!
    Wish the youngsters, good luck!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Claro sponsors youngster to Madrid training camp

Taken from www.jamaicaobserver.com

Claro sponsors youngster to Madrid training camp
      Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Nervous and excited" were the words young Patrick Palmer Jnr used to describe how he felt as he jetted off for a once in a lifetime opportunity - a two-week football training camp with top-flight European club, Real Madrid, last Thursday.

Palmer... I want to do my best The trip to Madrid, Spain, for the 15-year-old footballer and his father, Patrick Palmer Snr, is sponsored by Claro Jamaica, the telecommunications company powering the nation's largest 3G network.

Claro Jamaica stated that the investment to send Palmer to the Adidas International Training Programme is part of their ongoing support of all levels of football in Jamaica.

The company says it recognised Palmer as a real talent and embraced the chance to contribute to the development of his skill.
      Claro said they are very interested in the development of young football talent in Jamaica, and young Palmer is a wonderful example of what is possible from the youth level if one puts in the effort.

Claro is also the main sponsor of the Ballaz International youth development programme for players aged 4-16, and nearly all KSAFA football competitions.

Palmer plays for this year's KSAFA Under-15 finalists Cavalier FC, scoring five goals in their successful season and the soft-spoken young man is looking forward to what could be a life-changing experience.

"I'm nervous and excited to know I was selected from a lot of youngsters and I want to do my best, improve on my skills and hopefully make the Real Madrid youth squad or get a contract in the future.

"I really enjoy playing football and this is what I want to do, so I just want to do my best and make Claro proud," he added.
      Cavalier's coach Mark Scotland says he's confident Palmer will make good use of this opportunity.

"He's a very disciplined, skilful attacking midfielder. He will come back vastly improved and the entire team will benefit from what he'll learn in this experience," he said.

Meanwhile, Palmer's father, who played footbal for Munro College in the daCosta Cup back in the 1980s, is thankful for this chance for his son.
      "Patrick eats, dreams, thinks football. We've been doing all we can to support his talent ever since he was seven... I want to measure where Patrick is and see how he compares to other talent from all over the world and see what he has to do to improve," he declared.

"But we really want to thank Claro for coming on board and helping my son maximise his potential and achieve his self-actualisation in football," he added.

Patrick made the trip along with Cavaliers and Wolmer's Boys School teammate Jason Wright, who was selected a year earlier but had to abort that trip due to injury. Wright's trip was sponsored by Locker Room Sports.

Comment

Brownman to di werllll!!!!!

Comment

just what we needed! ~sigh~

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I really don't know where this hate and badmind is coming from. In this day and age everybody can be a brownman suh why yuh muss cow mi dung fah?

Comment

well ef yuh cya'an beat dem......

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
              X