RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Info Please? Did "bigga' play against the big boys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info Please? Did "bigga' play against the big boys?

Robinho: City ready to become powerhouse

AFP

Friday, August 07, 2009

MANCHESTER, England (AFP) - Brazil forward Robinho believes Manchester City's £100-million spending spree proves his club are ready to become one of Europe's top teams.

City boss Mark Hughes has splashed out on the likes of Carlos Tevez, Emmanuel Adebayor, Kolo Toure and Roque Santa Cruz after being handed a massive transfer warchest by the club's Abu Dhabi-based owners.
    Robinho is convinced City are now on the same level as the likes of Real Madrid and he expects the Eastlands outfit to make a major impact in the Premier League this season.

"Manchester City are thinking big and if I'm honest there is no difference between City and Real Madrid or the Brazilian national team," Robinho told The Sun.

"Everybody at those three teams now believes they are winners and half the battle is won in the mind. We are now thinking big and when you think big, greatness follows.

"There have been some fantastic players signed for City. But what is important for me is that there has been a big change in the club's thinking.

"We no longer have the mentality of a small side and that will do a lot for the players at the club.

"When I transferred from Madrid last year there was a different mentality from that of Madrid because City were not thinking like a big club.
    "This team now has real balance to it and I believe we are ready to compete, not in a few seasons but now."
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Yeah , As holding midfielder - thats the match that impressed the coach.

Coach said he threw him in the deep and he swam well.

Comment

how does bigga an this article relate

Comment

Working...
      X