Riise: “Aquilani a bigger threat than Alonso”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riise: “Aquilani a bigger threat than Alonso”

Riise: “Aquilani a bigger threat than Alonso”Article added: August 6th, 2009You are here: Home » News » Quotes » Riise: “Aquilani a bigger threat than Alonso”[FONT='Trebuchet MS', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[FONT='Trebuchet MS', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Related Articles[/FONT]
    Papers on Aquilani: Injury prone, Mussolini and a new WAG
    Aquilani signing excites Benitez
    Video: What to expect from Alberto Aquilani

Former Liverpool left-back John Arne Riise says Alberto Aquilani will bring a greater goal threat for Liverpool than Xabi Alonso ever offered.
    Riise has played with the Reds’ imminent signing for the last season at Roma and says he has been very impressed to see what the 25-year-old Italian midfielder can do.
    Riise said, “When I first came to Roma, I didn’t know a thing about Aquilani.
    “I knew all about Francesco Totti, Daniele De Rossi and Philippe Mexes, of course, but Aquilani was the player who surprised me the most in my first months with what he could do.
    “He’s really good on the ball, with good passing, good movement, he works hard and is a good professional.
    “He likes to have the ball at his feet but not because he likes to dribble, he just wants to keep the team moving. He never stands still, he’s always on the run.
    “He certainly runs more than Xabi and is probably more dangerous in terms of getting in the box and trying to score goals.
    “When I came to Rome he was my neighbour and helped me out a lot. He’s a good friend. Liverpool will be getting a very good player.”
    Aquilani is expected to complete his move to Anfield later today in a deal thought to be worth between £18m£20m to Roma.
    [/FONT]
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Papers on Aquilani: Injury prone, Mussolini and a new WAGArticle added: August 6th, 2009You are here: Home » News » Newspaper Review » Papers on Aquilani: Injury prone, Mussolini and a new WAG[FONT='Trebuchet MS', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

Italian midfielder Alberto Aquilani is expected to be confirmed as a Liverpool player by the end of the day after he undergoes a medical and completes personal terms on an £18million move from Roma.
    He is a direct replacement for Xabi Alonso, who finalised his dream £30million move to Real Madrid yesterday afternoon.
    Aquilani is expected to play a big part in Italy’s World Cup 2010 campaign in South Africa next season and is adored by the Roma faithful in Italy’s capital.
    But with Serie A regarded not as exciting as it used to be, many English football fans don’t know much about the 25-year-old. So what do this morning’s back pages make of Rafa Benitez’s latest aquisition?
    Well the first thing I saw when sifting through this morning’s nationals was that Aquilani has a few injury problems. He’s got an ankle injury right now - which always confuses me how players with injuries manage to pass medicals. Reports James Ducker in The Times:
    Aquilani is recovering from surgery he had on his right ankle in May and his tenure at Roma has been blighted by injury problems. He has played only 73 games in three seasons for Roma and his last appearance came as a substitute on March 11, against Arsenal in the Champions League.
    Hmm… that’s not what I want to hear.
    But The Telegraph pick up a more positive note on our forthcoming playmaker with Rory Smith writing this pen picture:
    Elegant, stylish and creative, he plays deeper than Totti but shares the traits that have made the latter a star, rather than the snarling efficacy of immediate predecessor at Roma’s academy, Daniele De Rossi.
    Smith goes on to point out that Aquilani’s talents have been spotted by Liverpool’s rivals before with Arsenal and Chelsea keen to sign him when he was still a youth player.
    However Smith brings up Aquilani’s injury record later in his article too, which seems a tad worrying. He continues:
    oncerns mount, however, when it comes to his injury record. He can control tempo like Xabi Alonso, the man he will replace, and his passing range matches the Spaniard’s but will his body cope with the rigours of the Premier League?

Aquilani in action against Arsenal in the Champions League earlier this year
    Andy Hunter of The Guardian says Aquilani’s injury is likely to force him to miss the start of the season - which also rules out the expected cameo at this Saturday’s pre-season friendly against Atletico Madrid at Anfield.
    He is not expected to be fit for the start of the new Premier League season, which begins for Liverpool at White Hart Lane on 16 August, and Benítez will have to be convinced of the Italian’s fitness to complete the transfer.
    Sam Wallace of The Independent takes a different approach to reporting Aquilani’s imminent arrive in Liverpool by suggesting that in Italy there are rumours Aquilani owns a marble statue of former Italian facist dictator, Benito Mussolini.
    Arriving in a city famous for its left-wing, working-class culture, Alberto Aquilani will hope that one embarrassment in particular can be put behind him as quickly as possible. Last year Liverpool’s new £20m signing admitted a grudging admiration for Italy’s former fascist dictator Benito Mussolini which might yet take some explaining to his new fans.
    Aqualini stepped around the subject when he was interviewed about the accusations last year, suggesting his uncle was indeed the fan of Mussolini.
    Whatever the case, Wallace continues to add there’s no doubting his ability on the pitch.
    Aquilani is right-footed and a good passer of the ball with a decent shot on him. As with all Benitez’s signings, he will have to surrender to his manager’s way of doing things. “Alberto has a winning mentality and great experience in both Serie A and the Champions League,” Benitez said last night. Aquilani has the makings of a great Liverpool midfielder – though he might not want to take any more advice from his right-leaning uncle.
    And finally, Wallace points out that Aquilani will also bring a new WAG to the Premier League. His girlfriend is Italian actress Michela Quattrociocche (pictured).
    [/FONT]

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Right - if he can stay fit - he will be a good signing. Big gamble by Rafa.
      "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

In Rafa we trust

Comment

all others pay cash!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
            all others pay cash!
            EXACTLY!!!! YOU GOT IT BRO!!! (LAZIE AND JANGLE PAY DOUBLE - AND THAT IS THEIR DISCOUNT PRICE)
            "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Will be interesting to see how he settles in England. In 2007 he was playing very well, but I haven't seen him back at the level although he has scored a few spectacular goals since.

Either way the experience of the pace of the English game will be good for mi other National team. Him, Montolivo and Marchisio will soon be ready to takeover.

Comment

Working...
              X