Had a good chat with Chris Dehring Tuesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had a good chat with Chris Dehring Tuesday

Seems like he will not rule out working in the JFF after the ICC World Cup ends next year..watch this space for more
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

RE: Had a good chat with Chris Dehring Tuesday

Is he involved in football? I thought one had to be affiliated with a club or parish association to run for office. I guess those requirements could be circumvented though.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Easily..but supposed he wanted the job would there be any serious objections to his candidacy based on the fact he is not in a club?

The same way they made the position of General Secretary a paid one, a progressive step in my view,they can do away with the affiliation thing as well..
      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
      Che Guevara.

Comment

Sickko (11/22/2006)Easily..but supposed he wanted the job would there be any serious objections to his candidacy based on the fact he is not in a club?

The same way they made the position of General Secretary a paid one, a progressive step in my view,they can do away with the affiliation thing as well..
        I am sure i could be done bu maybe not overnight. Somehing like hat may require a constitutional change and I am not sure if there is much time for that o happen before he next election. Maybe he easiest route would be him taking up some position with one of the parish associations etc.
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

You would be amazed at how things can be circumvented in the JFF, give you an example.

I recalled attending a meeting when I was Gen Sec at Violet kickers and White Horses then playing in the A-league wanted to change their name as there were some problems with the ownership etc.

If my memory serves me right, they wanted to be called White Horses Uprising, some tribiute to Paul Bogle/William Gordon.

Horace Reid told them no, and went on to list a whole heap of reasons why a team cant change their name and continue paying in the same league.

So how did hazard become Portmore United and stay in the NPL?

Then there was the situation of teams changing FA affiliation- we heard the other day that the FA must give their blessings ie Reno leaving to go to St Elizabeth.

Biut how comes the Clarendon FA was not even told Hazard was leaving for St catherine?

Both of these are constitutional items by the way.
          Che Guevara.

Comment

Anyway, ah Jamaica unuh deh. Unuh mek up the rules as you go along. Anyway, between Dehring and Stephenson, the JFF has two potentially good options. Two intelligent men who are leaders with roven track redords. Anyway, there is always the Captain to fall back on.

Comment

Hearing in the grape vines that Stephenson might be stepping down at KSAFA as he has been offered another posting overseas.

To be honest I lost confidence in that man from long time now he should have run in '99 but got cold feet and bailed.

He is like one of those club ballers we have here, he will always run KSAFA but never have the ambition to step up to the plate at the higher level
              Che Guevara.

Comment

Stephenson believes the JFF presidency should be a paid position, hence his reluctance.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

How comes he never come out to say so? I do agree wiht him that it should be by the way.

I also know there were certain factions pushing for the position to be made a piad one and for other executives to get a stipend for when they leave their jobs for long periods.
                  Che Guevara.

Comment

Not impressed by Stephenson's views on football , based on discussions with him I think he is stuck in the past or at Real Mona

Comment

actually, the more i think about it, the more i think the position of general secretary would be best for him...the gen sec can be the real driving force....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                      X