Two things I can say about this Tappa coached team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two things I can say about this Tappa coached team

As a midfield general that Tappa was, he seem to miss this important element of the team. His side lacks the true play-maker to make things happen for the team.

We seem to be bankrupt of ideas when it comes to corners, set plays and what to do in the final third of the pitch. Ricardo Gardner should not be allowed to go anywhere close to the corner post at any point when the ball goes over the back line and we are awarded a corner. His efforts can only be summed up as a colossal waste of opportunities to put the team ahead from the corner spot. Tappa needs to sit them down and let them watch the USA women's team and see how it is done. The USA womens side take better corners and set plays than us.

The idea of playing three strikers is not working to our advantage. The third striker takes away from the engine-room or midfield if you prefer to call it that. We need a midfield to dominate to create the right types and amounts of opportunities for strikers. Play two strikers and use the other position to shore up the midfield with a creative midfielder.

It seems as if Fuller has lost the ability to beat defenders in simple one-on-one situations. I thought this was one of the reasons some folks think he should be in the team, because of this skill. I saw him an number of times just run right into a defender standing still and ended up losing the ball. It seems as if the Premiership in not really making our players better for the national team.

I still cannot say enough about the improvements in Ricketts' game. If he continues in this direction, he will for sure be one of CONCACAF's better keepers over time.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Well if such quality doesn't exist ... Tappa affi work with what he has.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

the boyz played with MUCH pace something we don't see often....shelton played with too much pace.....him a likkle bit tooo kick an' run tho...one dimensional

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
        Well if such quality doesn't exist ... Tappa affi work with what he has.
        Unuh nuh rate the USA team. But they have shown that you do not need to have any world class players to be successful. Players who have the basics and are willing to contribute to a team effort will suffice. That said, I think the players are out there and even in this team. We just have to get them to do the basics and do it consistently.
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

All me can say bout the US is them dumb down football...them make the game so simple it is ridiculous

Comment

They looked disjointed and lacked on field understanding.

Yuh betta DUCK Tilla!!! Your first sentence may get you tossed off this forum.
            Last edited by HL; July 11, 2009, 02:34 PM.
            The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

I here you Tilla but really is it tappa or personell? with the 3-4-3 he seems he need to stay home midfielders not sure you are goging to see the dyanmisim you want but it seem if we take our chances we wouold be ok. I thinik both fuller and bibbi plays better for clubs and I thin bibbi should have been left out this tournament.. Again questiioon for Sickko whats going on with the Ras striker from village that was in Angola.. Atleast br Bennet score goals.... The other prolem with the team is we keep meaninless possesion NOT possesion for penetration..

Comment

Yaaard team would have qualified for the nexxx round efff they did the same. 'dumb it down...make the game simple'.

HL

Comment

But yuh realise we might still qualify if US beat Haiti by 2+ goals or if Panama loses or draws with Nicaragua or if Grenada find some way to beat Honduras

Comment

yes.

but good teams determine their destiny...........

Jamaica does not (currently) have a good team.

HL

Comment

I agree wid you on that...I really think that they are just lacking a midfield general that will dictate the pace of the game cause right now they look like they just want to play in high gear and out run everybody

Comment

Originally posted by Culture Sound View Post
                        But yuh realise we might still qualify if US beat Haiti by 2+ goals or if Panama loses or draws with Nicaragua or if Grenada find some way to beat Honduras
                        GO USA!!!! WI LOVE YUH CYAAN DONE!!!! USA! USA!!

maybe dem cyan gi di Haitian dem a visa fi every goal dem let een... easy 11 love dat.
                        Last edited by Don1; July 11, 2009, 03:14 PM.
                        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

eventhough I don't think wi deserve to go through mi have mi USA horn a blow from morning LOL

Comment

I think the problem is two-fold. Tappa is to be blamed in part, but also personnel has a lot to do with it. I think it was HL who pointed out that all our attack is through the middle and we tend not to use the wings. A good coach would have seen this and make adjustments. Tappa has sat and watched Gardner waste at least 10 corner kicks in the first game and another 8 in the second and not make any change to the corner kic takers. Moreover, Gardner was playing nothing, not really leading by example, so we could do without him. He was just filling valuable team spot. Tappa seems as if he was afraid to pull him.

With respect to Tefore Bennett, when was the last time he was involved in any meaningful competition to say he is match fit? We can't just call up players based off past performance, it has to be off current form. Maybe Ryan Johnson of San Jose should have been called instead. He is big and fit and currently on form in the MLS.

Comment

well here is the problem outside of the MlS players (not sure about the scandanavian players) none of them is match fit. Bibi has not played in almost 3 mts.. You are right.. it was tappa's call to bench bibi.. in any other way still I cant really blame the coach as I think he has tried and has operated ouside of the norm. I disagree with him regarding the usefulness of bigga thompson but I am observing from very far. I like the idea of the 3-4-3 shows he has good tactical knowledge the fact that we cant kick the ball past the gk is not really his fault... There is some who will say a kermar daley may make a difference but hinds sight is 20/20.. I will say I did not like any of our strikers..

Comment

Working...
                              X