Another failed harvest, more wasted pearls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another failed harvest, more wasted pearls

This particular team is a good team with good players that needed to work together more. Funny how we get beaten twice with pretty much the same play, cross in from the flank with a solo player coming through the middle virtually untouched more so this case than the last time.

Our defense failed us, our defense against crosses failed us and our finishing is absolutely bush league.

Funny how it was the Bush league player Cummings that showed the most promise of any of our forwards in the two matches he was everywhere, he was fast, he was elusive and yes he couldn't pull the damn trigger when it mattered. The MLS forward looked better to me that the Premier league 10 goal scoring machine and the former premier league/now Norweigan assasin.

Seems like we missing some ingenuity in the middle as well, we had so many glorious breaks all to come to nought, CR is not the team I thought they were, I am really wondering now how much we messed this whole thing up, with our stop and start world cup campaign; our talent is first rate, our speed is first rate, our skill is first rate, our discipline is trash, our teamplay non-existent, if we did this right we would have been going to South Africa, now here we are can't even make it to the second round of the Gold Cup with an absolutely loaded team of skill, size, speed etc etc but weak team sense and poor cohesion as a unit.

I think what I finally realize is that you can't hustle this ball business; well you can't hustle it and make it to the world cup or the second round of the Gold Cup, no matter how much talent you have.

You really have to build from the bottom up, you have to id the right players like Baddaz say, smart, intelligent players, when we change coaches we don't change the entire team, so when Bora left, one set of guys go out, when Simoes left, another set of guys down the tubes, Barnes another set and now Tappa with his set. This is not building anything this is just a plain hustle and shake and wishing for a miracle program, when the USA, Mex, CR etc are spending more, have a more structured long term approach to building a sustainable path with less regard to who the federation leader is or who the particular coach is.

You know what I am tired of this, what an absolute waste of talent. You know what if Bolt had to play on a team of 11 even if it was track and field we wouldn't even know him different from anybody else, that is how poor our teamwork is, nobody can shine whem we can't even have the guys who are actually going to play in the Gold Cup actually play together before the tournament, the Cayman tour was a waste as we probably had maybe two or three of those players who were even on this squad, what is the point.

You know what I would like to see what I have always said, way back when, Jamaican teams biggest deficit is consistent teamwork and the disciplined methodical approach, we have an overreliance on individual skill and speed to make up the gap, Courtney and me used to discuss much over this issue, what is need is a dedicated approach to a hard core disciplined style, find the players who can do it and go with that, I am tiyad of seeing man kick man in the head while him on the ground that is just plain rubbish, thump man in them back and head for no reason at all, you know what, anybody who ever played with me will say I am a hard and dutty player, but you know what I never ever kicked a man in him head while him on the ground, I never thump or elbow a man just because I could do it .

We have at least 250 different players who have played from Bora to now, from under 17 to the senior team, we must can ID the smartest, most intelligent, hardest working ones from that group under 25 even 30 now, and just start working with that core, letting them play, coming up with an A, B, C system and you move up through that every six months or a year based on plain results, letting the various teams work together long term, compete against each other, (yes local players) Mosiah I am finally moving towards this local players camp, but I still believe we need to get get us a hard core, no holds barred, German coach or coaches and build this damn thing right, build the base on the disciplined approach, no discipline no play, we need a well oiled machine with all the regular charcateristics that we typically bring to the table, speed, skill and size.

That would be an unbeatable combination.

Had to go dig this up!!!!

Comment

We got the German coach...
      Peter R

Comment

Selection process is clear for all, for what almost seems like the first time, at least since simoes the 1st run, focus on work hard, knowledge of self and opponent, team first philosophy.
        Strategy is also clear, defense first, team defense, counterattack on opportunity, buildup and possession with less immediate opportunity.

Players that are smart, fast, strong and tenacious. Loving this, let's see if we can take that cup back to Palisadoes.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
          Players that are smart, fast, strong and tenacious. Loving this, let's see if we can take that cup back to Palisadoes.
          Palisadoes?!? JFF office move to Port Royal?!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

First point of contact with Jakan soil.

Comment

Stoni mussi leave JA as long as me... I still think of the airport, sometimes, as Palisadoes... notwithstanding the spit is still called that...
              Peter R

Comment

Ahh, you get it right the second time. The original thin spit from Hview to Port Royal is the palisadoe. The airport being named that at one point is a legacy recognition.

Comment

Working...
                X