Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oguchi Onyewu signs with AC Milan

OFFICIAL: AC Milan sign American defender Onyewu

AC Milan have completed the shock free transfer signing of Standard Liege centre back Oguchi Onyewu.

The 27-year-old impressed during the recent Confederations Cup for the United States, but it comes as something of a surprise that the Rossoneri have moved to snap him.

"AC Milan would like to inform that they have signed Oguchi Onyewu on a permanent basis from Standard Liege," a statement on the club's official website reads.

(continue)
    "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
    - Xavi

Can't wait to see him suit up for AC!

YAY!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Zeppo View Post

AC Milan have completed the shock free transfer signing of Standard Liege centre back Oguchi Onyewu.

The 27-year-old impressed during the recent Confederations Cup for the United States, but it comes as something of a surprise that the Rossoneri have moved to snap him.

"AC Milan would like to inform that they have signed Oguchi Onyewu on a permanent basis from Standard Liege," a statement on the club's official website reads.

(continue)
      Wow that is awesome Zeppo!

He had a hell of a confederations cup. An absolute rock back there for the states. Glad to see him make a move to a such a world class club. Also thrilled to see a player from maryland make it to the big time .

He deserves it! - T.K.
      No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

Alexi Lalas: "A brilliant move" by Milan and Onyewu

When the news of Oguchi Onyewu's signing with Italian giants AC Milan broke, former US star Alexi Lalas smiled. The only American international to play in Serie A in the modern era, Lalas was pleased to see another compatriot finally get a chance in Italy’s top league and believes the Rossoneri’s decision to sign Onyewu was very intelligent.

"I think it’s incredibly smart move by AC Milan," Lalas told Goal.com. "Defense has obviously been a weakness for Milan and from an economic standpoint it was also obvious that they weren’t going to spend lavishly. So they had to be smart with their money. Onyewu isn’t a big name player, he’s relatively young, he’s inexpensive and as far as I’m concerned he’s as good a centerback as what they already have."

(continue)
        "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
        - Xavi

Comment

Originally posted by Zeppo View Post

(continue)
          So who is next Zeppo? The ones I have been reading about are Clark, Davies, Altidore and Donovan. Clark is being pursued by Bocanegra's club Rennes....Davies being pursued by I believe Burnley or Birmingham (can't remember which one)....Altidore being pursued by Everton and Donovan supposedly leaving on a free transfer at the end of the season with an eye towards Spain. Which one makes the jump first? - T.K.
          No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

Yeah, T.K., I think that Clark could very well be headed to Europe this summer.

And it seems that Charlie Davies is very close to a move to the French 1st division. Let's see...
            - Xavi

Comment

Hopefully he will do well. His ball distribution is a bit weak for a Serie A defender, but it will be interesting to see how well he plays if given the chance.

Ricardo Clark should have left the MLS a long time ago. he had quite a bit of potential.

Comment

He struggled with Newcastle and was an awkward fit during his brief uneventful stint in the EPL. Lets see how he performs with the biggest club in Italy.
                Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
                  Hopefully he will do well. His ball distribution is a bit weak for a Serie A defender, but it will be interesting to see how well he plays if given the chance.

Ricardo Clark should have left the MLS a long time ago. he had quite a bit of potential.
                  He can take Senderos' spot.
                  "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

You right. He is certainly no worse than him.

Comment

Has made tremendous improvement...but still can be 'turned' easily! ...reminds me of being another battleship...needs acres of ground to slow and turn!
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

dis soun like a Lalas move, but with a likkle more footballing implications. Him cyaan eben carry di 'sowjah' boots inna defendah terms but dat is a diffran story.

Comment

Working...
                        X