Grp of death way open!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grp of death way open!

this no done yet, El Sal beating CR the gate is still wide open.

Ja need to show up versus CR and CR wil be coming hard, we need a draw from that one at least, and a big win versus ElSal, we can get to the next round on goal difference.

The way I see it, Canada escaped today due to a uninspired Ja (players didn't realize the importance of that game, now we are in the hole0 Canada defense looks weak and Ja was poking holes in it all over but couldn't finish due to lack of determination. Can goal was a real lightning bolt strike with buckup written all over it, but I have to say Gerba was the man on the spot with matching action to make it happen, incredible sequence of events there.

El Sal and Can will draw or El Sal wins.

jam must beat El Sal and Cr will beat Canada.

So it will look like this.

El Sal 6 points, Jam 4 points, CR 4 points, and Canada 3 points. This will be decided on goal difference Ja needs to beat El Sal by at least 2, hopefully CR beats Can by only 1.

draw what are you talking about,we need to WIN both games coming up and stop settle for a draw,to have a good chance to get to the next round we need to WIN both matches,we allways doing this **************** looking to draw games and when **************** it the fan we are looking for team to bail we out by beating another team so we can go thur to the next round,why, because we did not WIN our matches like we suppose to,and if we did we would not have been worry about team beating this team so we could go to mthe next round,**************** have been going on too too long now,this is the same reason that we are not in the hex,we need to have our own destiny in our hand instead of ohter team.
    out of many one people

Comment

Lucky, chill out and read what the man say nuh man. He said we need at least a draw, which is the worse case scenario. Ideally we should go out to win, but nothing less than a draw in this game will do. I do not read it as him saying we should go out and seek a draw.
      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

The TEAM looked fairly good...excepting in 'getting goals' area.
        I am now hopeful. Based on this game we shall create goalscoring chances...and possibly many in each coming game...

...now the finishing?
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Karl yuh mussi did watch anneda game. It remains to be seen if dem gween to be motivated come 7/7 for Costa Rica.
          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

There wasn't a lot wrong with the performance against Canada,we played reasonably well,we just need to make a few changes tactically and personnel wise.We nee to hold the ball better upfront so there is no way we can start Shelton(he is absolutely useless)and they must find a starting place for Jamal Campbell-Ryce.

Comment

COLUMBUS, USA - Bradley Stewart, assistant coach of Jamaica's Reggae Boyz football team, believes that despite the team's opening round 0-1 loss to Canada leaving it precariously placed at the bottom of the four-team Group A, there is no need to panic.
              STEWART... we are in a must-win situation, at least we can't afford to lose this game and expect to stay in the tournament
              Speaking with the Observer last evening, prior to the team's scheduled 7:00 pm (6:00 pm Jamaica time) training session the Obetz facility, training ground of the MLS outfit Columbus Crew, Stewart admitted that the coaching staff would have preferred to be in a much better position in the group, but that
              there is enough quality in the side to enable the team to bounce back into contention.
              "No need to panic, but we would have preferred to be in a different position at this time," the veteran
              coach offered.
              Jamaica squandered a few decent chances in their opening round game on Friday against Canada at the Home Depot Center and paid the price after Ali Gerba netted on 75 minutes. The result left Jamaica at the bottom of the group with Costa Rica, who were beaten 1-2 by El Salvador in the second of the double header.
              With the top two teams from each of the three groups assured of a place in the quarter-finals, along with the two best third-placed teams, Stewart admitted that there was no more room for error.
              "We are in a must-win situation; at least we can't afford to lose this game and expect to stay in the tournament," he told the Observer. "Obviously, the approach is that we have to play to win the game and hopefully get something positive out of the last game against El Salvador."
              Jamaica and Costa Rica will meet in Group A second-round play at the Crew Stadium at 7:00 pm (6:00 pm Jamaica time) tomorrow, followed two hours later by the group leaders El Salvador and Canada.
              Expressing similar sentiments to head coach Theodore Whitmore, who has charged his players for not giving of their best on the day, Stewart said: "It is very disappointing the way we played against Canada. We created chances and you would expect that at this level, with the quality players that we have, that we should be at least scoring a percentage of the chances that we created.
              He added: "But we have to rebound, we have another training session today and one again tomorrow, and we will try to correct the deficiencies that we have analysed to make the team a little more efficient.
              "Dealing with senior players then, one would expect that they are of the same mindset as the coaching staff... this is a tournament and at this level it is not acceptable to just come and participate. I think we have enough quality here to have that kind of expectation. We just have to rebound," he reiterated.
              Both the Jamaican and El Salvadorean teams, along with the Group A match officials travelled via a Miami Air International chartered flight from Los Angeles to Columbus, Ohio, on Saturday afternoon.
              A training session was scheduled at the Obetz facility, but after lingering for a while, it was decided that the players use the gymnasium facilities at the Westin Columbus hotel.
              Stewart said the group was discussing Friday's game and would continue to do so as they prepare for tomorrow's major assignment.
              "We had a good talk at the end of the game, in the changing room, and while we didn't want to harass the players because they are a senior group, you would expect that even among themselves, some level of discussion would take place. We will have to fortify that with a team meeting," said Stewart.
              The Rivoli United coach said that from the previous group discussion, players had varying reactions, but
              it was the coaching staff's responsibility to get everybody on the same hymn sheet.
              "Personalities differ in the group. There are some who try to justify everything that happens in the game, while there are others who are more analytical... there were some errors made, tactical errors, mental errors, judgemental errors, decision-making errors where things could have been done differently, and I think it is our responsibility to ensure that those same errors don't recur in the next game," he said.
              Stewart hinted that Jamaica could employ a counter-attacking strategy for tomorrow's game, after a cursory look at the central Americans in Friday's game.
              "It seems from where we stand at the moment, against Costa Rica, the priority is to try to defend well and then play out of the counter-attack, because they seem to be slightly insecure at the back," he noted.

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
                There wasn't a lot wrong with the performance against Canada,we played reasonably well,we just need to make a few changes tactically and personnel wise.We nee to hold the ball better upfront so there is no way we can start Shelton(he is absolutely useless)and they must find a starting place for Jamal Campbell-Ryce.
                how about addlery or cummings on for shelton, or even devon hodges i now he is not in the squad but he could not do any worst than shelton
                out of many one people

Comment

i think we go back to a 4-4-2 formation.....we need speed to our side....so i would use vernon and phillips as aour wingbacks....use stew peas and marshall in our central defence....from what ive seen...stew peas has really improved...hes a good man marker and overall defender....i would put jamal and johnson on the wings allowing them to switch....use austin and morrison on the middle...and cummings an fuller up front.....our creativity would be coming from the wings....what do u think??

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky4life View Post
                    how about addlery or cummings on for shelton, or even devon hodges i now he is not in the squad but he could not do any worst than shelton
                    I cant really comment on Cummings and Alderley,being based in Europe we dont see much of MLS.However Shelton's touch and awareness is so poor that any half descent player would be a better option.

Comment

Originally posted by Dre View Post
                      i think we go back to a 4-4-2 formation.....we need speed to our side....so i would use vernon and phillips as aour wingbacks....use stew peas and marshall in our central defence....from what ive seen...stew peas has really improved...hes a good man marker and overall defender....i would put jamal and johnson on the wings allowing them to switch....use austin and morrison on the middle...and cummings an fuller up front.....our creativity would be coming from the wings....what do u think??
                      4-4-2 would be my preferred formation. If JB was still in charge that's the way we would be playing it gives us more attacking options and would give us a greater threat with our athletism.It might be late to swich systems in the middle of the tournament having prepared over the past month or so to play 5-3-2.That's the reason why i would stick with 5-3-2 and make some personnel changes.

Comment

4-4-2 would be my preferred formation. If JB was still in charge that's the way we would be playing it gives us more attacking options and would give us a greater threat with our athletism.It might be late to swich systems in the middle of the tournament having prepared over the past month or so to play 5-3-2.That's the reason why i would stick with 5-3-2 and make some personnel changes.
                        oo ok..i understan what your saying...but honestly..i dont it would be that difficult to switch because most of our players play that formation for their clubs...

Comment

Originally posted by Dre View Post
                          oo ok..i understan what your saying...but honestly..i dont it would be that difficult to switch because most of our players play that formation for their clubs...
                          Yeah that's one advantage,lets see if Tappa is brave enough to change it.

Comment

Working...
                          X