No room for Devon Hodges or Richard Edwards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No room for Devon Hodges or Richard Edwards

Thirteen members of the Reggae Boyz squad headed by team captain Ricardo Gardner, will depart the island at 12:15pm on Tuesday for the Gold Cup in the United States.

The Reggae Boyz returned to the island from the Cayman Islands from a one-week camp during which they played two matches in preparation for the Gold Cup. Their first game against a Cayman Islands All-Star team was aborted with Jamaica leading 5-0 due to lightning and thunder while they stopped the Cayman Islands 4-1 in the second played on Sunday.

Defensive stalwart Ian Goodison, who like Gardner did not make the trip to the Cayman Islands, is also included in the party to depart from Kingston as well as the United Kingdom-based Jamal Campbell-Ryce and Demar Phillips who plays in Norway.

First string goalkeeper, Donovan Ricketts who is being discussed as an All-Star candidate in the MLS following his impressive season for the Los Angeles Galaxy, is one of five players based in that country included in the squad. Tyrone Marshall, who led the team to the Digicel Caribbean Championships which secured the country’s place in the tournament, is also named along with Omar Cummings, Nicholas Addlery and Dane Richards.

The squad of 20 includes the recalled Oneil Thompson and Rodolph Austin both of whom will travel directly from Europe to join the group.

Full Squad: Goalkeepers- Donovan Ricketts, Dwayne Miller; Defenders – Ricardo Gardner, Ian Goodison, Claude Davis, Damion Stewart, Tyrone Marshall, Eric Vernan, Rafe Wolfe;

Midfielders – Demar Phillips, Jamal Campbell-Ryce, Jermaine Johnson, Jason Morrison, Rodolph Austin, Oneil Thompson;

Forwards – Ricardo Fuller, Luton Shelton, Dane Richards, Nicholas Addlery and Omar Cummings.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Just means the manager sees defects which prohibits TEAM fit!

Scoring 20+ goals tells a story...but not necessarily the whole story!
    Last edited by Karl; June 30, 2009, 02:22 PM.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Easier to understand Edwards being out. I think Dane simply got into the team because of his pace off the bench and the fact that he is a winger as opposed to a central striker like the other four. If not for that, I think Hodges would have been in. Addlery place will eventually come under pressure from him.

Squad looks good.

Comment

I think Edwards is a more complete player than Hodges. Different position yes, but...

And then there is Keammar Daley as well, who has to defer to the big wigs from farin!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

The easy Karlesque answer, not necessarily grounded in facts.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
            I think Edwards is a more complete player than Hodges. Different position yes, but...

And then there is Keammar Daley as well, who has to defer to the big wigs from farin!
            Yes Edwards is more complete, but as long as they think more highly of Morrison, he is going to have a hard time getting a place in a 20 man squad.

Dada will have to be patient. His time will come.

Comment

the difference is Morrison plays in Hungary...and other stuff.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yes he has the PMU affiliation. But, to be fair Morrison was an excellent player when he was at PMU at did very well when he played against the Mexican clubs and showed quite a bit of potential.

His position and awareness seems a lot better now, but his offensive game looks like it has almost disappeared since he went abroad. He was much quicker and confident while attacking before he left to go to the bush league abroad.

Comment

so none of the local ballers make the final squad,only eric vernan,the way everybody was talking about these 2 local ballers,DEVON HODGES,KEAMMAR DALEY,i think that they would have make the gold cup squad
                  out of many one people

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky4life View Post
                    so none of the local ballers make the final squad,only eric vernan,the way everybody was talking about these 2 local ballers,DEVON HODGES,KEAMMAR DALEY,i think that they would have make the gold cup squad
                    Well no "farrin" coach to blame the omissions on

Comment

And how did he get there?

Comment

how yuh mean...tappa nuh have "european flavour" as burrell put it?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Solid looking squad,my only concern is up front.There is only one class striker in the squad.If Wily Boo gets injured we get weh the duck get.

Comment

hodges omission is odd....tappa compared him to tegat one of our most prolific strikers and he has scored in almost every game in which he has played including that historic win over panama..

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Not really true.

Adderly and Cummings will score although they are not on Fuller's level but I understand your point.
                              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                              X