Tevez blames Berbatov arrival for lack of chances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tevez blames Berbatov arrival for lack of chances

Carlos Tevez claims he knew his days at Manchester United were numbered when Dimitar Berbatov joined the club.

GettyImages
    Tevez: Bound for the Bridge or heading for Eastlands?

The Argentina striker will be playing for a new team next season after turning down a five-year contract to remain at Old Trafford.
    And he felt Berbatov's arrival from Tottenham last summer, which provided further competition for places up front, proved to him his future did not lie at United.
    ''I am not sure where I am going to play, but I know for sure that will not be at Manchester (United),'' Tevez told TyC Sports television network.
    ''When I arrived I had to fight for a place like any other player. My first season was good. I was a starter or a substitute, but I respected that.
    ''But in my second year, after the match against Liverpool, the coach started to overlook me. The fans supported me a lot so I thought that something was going on as my performances were also good. I was a professional.
    ''I did not feel supported after they signed Berbatov, because I was the man for the job he was bought to do.
    ''Last year I was the second top-scorer after Cristiano (Ronaldo). We won two titles (the Premier League and the Carling Cup) and being shut out like this was something that I could not understand.''
    Tevez added: ''They did not ask me to sign the contract. Ferguson told me not be worried about Berbatov's arrival, but I did not like it when he started to put me on the bench often. I gave my life for the Manchester United shirt.''
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

So what you think Lazie of this: ''They did not ask me to sign the contract." Is he lying?
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Lazie do you think if we were to forge and send a note to Tevez saying

"How could I have been so foolish? You mean the world to me. Please come back. Love shouldn't have to hurt. I am sorry. - Love Always, Sir Alex"

that he would reconsider and come back? - T.K.
      No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
        So what you think Lazie of this: ''They did not ask me to sign the contract." Is he lying?

Are you serious? He was given an offer, he chose not to sign it. Since when they are to be asked to sign?
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
          Are you serious? He was given an offer, he chose not to sign it. Since when they are to be asked to sign?

Lazie: Were you asked to sign the contract for your car?
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post

Lazie: Were you asked to sign the contract for your car?
            You are a ridiculous set ... a contract was offered to him making him one of the highest paid player at the club (why, I don't know) yet he refused to sign because he wasn't asked to sign it?

The article proved why he left, he saw he was 3rd choice striker, unuh can spin it how unuh wish.

Comment

You are a ridiculous set ... a contract was offered to him making him one of the highest paid player at the club (why, I don't know) yet he refused to sign because he wasn't asked to sign it?

The article proved why he left, he saw he was 3rd choice striker, unuh can spin it how unuh wish.
              Good try but as we all know he was referring to a contract during the season. But then again yopu say that Tevez won SA player of the year three years in a row because all the good players are in Europe. Like Robinho and Luis Fabiano? Forget about them right?

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                Good try but as we all know he was referring to a contract during the season
                Yuh return with yuh merry go round? Beginning, during or end of season, he was offered a contract which he refused. Him now mek it clear that because Berbatov arrived he choose to leave.

Comment

Yuh return with yuh merry go round? Beginning, during or end of season, he was offered a contract which he refused. Him now mek it clear that because Berbatov arrived he choose to leave.
                  Well that's why he turned down the contract AFTER the season because BERBATOV came their DURING the season. If a contract had been offered before he would have signed. Tevez has been consistent, you on the other hand have been all over the place. Robinho and Luis Fabiano yuh can run but yuh cyaan hide

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                    Well that's why he turned down the contract AFTER the season because BERBATOV came their DURING the season. If a contract had been offered before he would have signed. Tevez has been consistent, you on the other hand have been all over the place. Robinho and Luis Fabiano yuh can run but yuh cyaan hide
                    If he wants to leave because Berba arrived, thats his business, the thing is he made it clear why he left, fanatics like you refuse to accept that. I'm sorry, how does Fabiano and Robinho come into this? Robinho plays in Manchester but not for the club he thought he signed for.

Comment

I'm sorry, how does Fabiano and Robinho come into this? Robinho plays in Manchester but not for the club he thought he signed for.
                      Players who were in South America when Tevez won Player of the year three times running

Comment

"Over my dead body laddie" - Sir Al
                        Peter R

Comment

Paul, I think his statement is a litle cryptic and unclear... Who is they? and why do up a contract if you don't want him to sign?

My feeling is that Tevez began to understand that by signing he would be (as you often point out) making a pact with the devil
                          Peter R

Comment

Working...
                          X