No announcement yet.

Jamaica can beat the top teams too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shameless that you include Mears and King when we had nothing to do with their development at all
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Comment

Are we talking about development or the current team?

Are they currently classified as Jamaican players?
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I am talking about the players that our system has created. There would be no reason for me to talk about the solution being adressing the youth level if I would include ready made ballers.

Our current team is still behind the US.

Comment

Didn't I admit that our system is behind the USA?

When did you see me not admit that?

The fact is man for man our senior squad can be compared right now it is not a gulf apart. If King or Mears score unnu nah go count it?
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
            Didn't I admit that our system is behind the USA?

When did you see me not admit that?

The fact is man for man our senior squad can be compared right now it is not a gulf apart. If King or Mears score unnu nah go count it?
            I have said you said anything about the system. I am talking about the CURRENT yard produced footballers. There is a significant gap between our current ballers if you take out the three farin man dem.

Include them and there is still a gap, just not quite as big.

Comment

How can you take them out? When them inna the squad?

Are they representing Jamaica or not?

Zeppo made no distinction in his comment. Our team is our team, why should I exclude them when talking about team match up? Even if I don't like them they are a part of the teamand when them go on the field I support them all.

Comment

How can I take them out? because people started comparing individual players.

And I have already said, even if you don't, they are still ahead.

Comment

well stick to your golf .

Comment

Ricardo Gardner could quite possibly walk into the U.S. starting eleven as our left back (although Bocanegra just had an excellent season playing that position for Rennes in the French 1st division). As for the rest of your players? Ehhh, you can keep 'em.

The original post in this thread pooh poohs the USA's win over Spain and then goes on to claim that Jamaica can beat Spain too, "on the day". I'd like to know what day that is. Maybe one in which the entire Spanish starting lineup had a severe case of the flu?

Ever since I've been watching the Jamaican national team play (going back to the mid 90s) I've never seen any kind of performance from them that would lead me to believe they were capable of beating the Spanish team that we beat yesterday. Not by a long shot.

What is Jamaica's biggest ever victory? Japan in 1998? Sorry, not impressed. Mexico in WC qualifying? We do it all the time. Uruguay in a friendly? We've done that, too.

And when you break out the "if we only had the finances then we could do this, this and this" argument you move out of the realm of concrete facts and into pure speculation. Besides, there are at least a dozen other teams in CONCACAF that could make the same claim. So get in line with the rest of them...
                    "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
                    - Xavi

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
                      The american players are not so complete. Simply ahead of us.

Tim Howard has been excellent in the EPL, Charlie Davis has been excellent in Sweden’s top league, Bradley has been Excellent in Holland, Onyewu is the best defender in Belgium, Dempsey had a good season in the EPL, Cherundolo has excelled in the Bundesliga and has been one of his clubs top players, Donovan is more talented than most of our players, Bocanegra excelled in France.
                      US players are demonstrably average.... you flatter them far too much. There is generally little or no gap between Jamaica's best and the US's best.

A top defender in Belgium? LOL!! No other comment required.

Cherundolo excelled in the Bundesliga? Hardly... what to you does "excelled" mean? Is the felllow regarded as a top talent in that league? I don't think so.

Perhaps Dempsey had a good season.... what did he accomplish? How is he regarded by his peers? Does he register on the Actim?
                      Jamaica has players at least as good as he is.

Donovan is also a good, hard working player... the US commentators however idolize him far too much... many of their mentions of the player are exaggeratedly positive... even on routine plays...which tends to confuse the naive regarding his true abilities. you'd think the fellow was Kaka.
                      A fit Gardner is better... and entering his 10th season in the EPL.

Tim Howard is a solid keeper... will grant you that... probably among the top 20 keepers in the world perhaps.... better than any Jamaican keeper.

There is no American among the top 100 players in the world.... maybe 1 in the top 200.

There is no and has been no great US footballer... that record appears secure for the forseeable future.

That amounts to the US producing average players.... despite massive investments in football and 10+ million players in organized leagues.

Underwhelming.
                      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

"we"? JA? or USA?
                        Peter R

Comment

Ricardo Gardner could quite possibly walk into the U.S. starting eleven as our left back (although Bocanegra just had an excellent season playing that position for Rennes in the French 1st division). As for the rest of your players? Ehhh, you can keep 'em.
                          We are happy to keep our players...thanks!!

The original post in this thread pooh poohs the USA's win over Spain and then goes on to claim that Jamaica can beat Spain too, "on the day". I'd like to know what day that is. Maybe one in which the entire Spanish starting lineup had a severe case of the flu?
                          That was a good win. Now if only you people can play with the big boys consistently and when it really matters... You lot should be able to manage that by now... $10 Billion or so later.

The fact that you feel it necessary to inject yourself uninvited into a Jamaican forum to trumpet the wonders of America's soccer (sic) is eternally amusing to me. Why not a more worthy opponent.. for example Canada..they speak english don't they?

Ever since I've been watching the Jamaican national team play (going back to the mid 90s) I've never seen any kind of performance from them that would lead me to believe they were capable of beating the Spanish team that we beat yesterday. Not by a long shot.
                          Let's celebrate this golden moment in the superpower's history! A pinnacle of achievement.

What is Jamaica's biggest ever victory? Japan in 1998? Sorry, not impressed. Mexico in WC qualifying? We do it all the time. Uruguay in a friendly? We've done that, too.
                          That particular victory would be one you craved... having been booted out of WC 98 in last place and utter disgrace.
                          Two of Jamaica's group opponents made it to the semis... the other was handily dispatched.
                          A performance like that would have allowed some face saving for you people.

And when you break out the "if we only had the finances then we could do this, this and this" argument you move out of the realm of concrete facts and into pure speculation. Besides, there are at least a dozen other teams in CONCACAF that could make the same claim. So get in line with the rest of them.
                          This is quite true... those 12 CONCACAF teams could quite easiliy reach the US level with proper funding and organization... so Jamaica is not exceptional in that regard.

This just demonstrates that the US is a woeful underperformer in the game... and you are forced into feel good comparison with such teams.

Pathetic.

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                            well we Zeppo orginal comment was that there is a gulf between our players and American players and there simply is not. Not at the national senior level.
                            Quite simply... zeppo doesn't know the game. It is the rare american who does.

He is merely a simple zealot.... no discernment.

Comment

Lazie... I agree with you. Why we worried about skills of players? Isn't football a team sport? i can tell you what I'd prefer to see any day if I have to choose between "skilled" players who do not deliver or unskilled players who do.

I am in no way blaming the players but rather our organization... until we get our act together we can run wi mout', but America is showing the way. It is NO FLUKE they are ranked 14th IN THE WORLD by FIFA...and truss mi I am no fan of America but wi haffi give Jack him jacket.

The 'zenlike' comment is because Lazie is a ManU fan addles the brain.
                              Peter R

Comment

So Jangle, who has the winning "mentality"? You could make the statement about many and any level of player... to me if you have all the skills in the world and lack the right mentality, game over.
                                Peter R

Comment

Working...
                                X