Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how we fi win when we have a gulf?

did we pick up six?
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
      So I guess the American players have no flaws?

Eddie Johnson have better touch than Luton? was he America's striker for a few years?

We can go through it player fi player and come up with a better team but not a gulf. The only Gulf between us a the Gulf of Mexico when it comes to players.

The only real impressive player I see is Bradley, I like Torres, and Dempsey and the young forward but they do have their weakness as well.
      Torres? Yuh a confuse yuhself now Sass?
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

how we fi win when we have a gulf?

did we pick up six?
        Getting emotional about it ain't gonna change reality Sass. Too many of you round here are too quick to say foolishness because unuh want to show others that unuh support the team.

I support the team ... but sorry ... I'm gonna keep it real.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Ask any American coach about our players and they will tell you different.

See how unnu cuss Ricketts everyday and Bruce Arena and LA say he is an excellent goalie. Can a player be more technically correct as Tryrone Marshall? What about Pepe and Bibi what are their weakness?

Aston Villa a look pon a technically inferior Austin fi what? what is his problem? I could go on and on. Again the coaches will tell you different.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

See how unnu cuss Ricketts everyday and Bruce Arena and LA say he is an excellent goalie. Can a player be more technically correct as Tryrone Marshall? What about Pepe and Bibi what are their weakness?

Aston Villa a look pon a technically inferior Austin fi what? what is his problem? I could go on and on. Again the coaches will tell you different.
            Yuh getting comical now, are those the only players in the team? Pepe? It says alot about our talent pool that we still relying on Pepe to anchor our defense.

Comment

Emotional?

Lazie the problem with you is everything foriegn is better.

This is a time in our history when we have put togather a very good and competitive squad with 90% professionals playing in GOOD club and has technical awareness. It is not like we pick up a NPL squad.

If you look at our players achievement over the last year or two individually anybody who know football can tell you we are not a GULF away from the US as it relate to players. In other areas YES.

Comment

See you don't even know there is a Torres in the US squad.

Lazie go siddun.

Comment

So I guess the American players have no flaws?

Eddie Johnson have better touch than Luton? was he America's striker for a few years?

We can go through it player fi player and come up with a better team but not a gulf. The only Gulf between us a the Gulf of Mexico when it comes to players.

The only real impressive player I see is Bradley, I like Torres, and Dempsey and the young forward but they do have their weakness as well.
                  He certainly had better touch than Luton, but it was still poor by top flight standards. The US players have flaws, but they are miles ahead tactically and can usually fit into a team pretty quickly compared to their Jamaican counterparts.

Their goalkeepers are better than ours. Their defenders are better than ours. Their midfielders are better than ours. Our forwards are probably better.

Comment

Emotional?

Lazie the problem with you is everything foriegn is better.

This is a time in our history when we have put togather a very good and competitive squad with 90% professionals playing in GOOD club and has technical awareness. It is not like we pick up a NPL squad.

If you look at our players achievement over the last year or two individually anybody who know football can tell you we are not a GULF away from the US as it relate to players. In other areas YES.
                    Problem with me? Last I check I don't have a problem, I'm keeping it real. You feel you have to be a gladis to show yuh support the team.

Regarding your statement about 90% professionals ... I've said that this team needs to make a statement in the Gold Cup. But then, there are people like you who would be willing to sugarcoat any failure.

Comment

So Lazie, if Jamaica wins this GC, beating the US, are we on par with them?
                      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

See you don't even know there is a Torres in the US squad.

Lazie go siddun.
                        ... one Torres played in the game yesterday ... but dance all yuh want.

Comment

you want us to go through them one by one. JRC offer was refused by EPL team. JJ is one of the best wingers in the championship, Stew Peas is one of the best defender in the championship scoring five goal and voted top player at his club, Claude Davis played in the EPL and never failed, injury and bad team took its toll. We have players playing in the Nordic leagues and doing well.

I can go through the American players who have failed and returned home and is now with the US team so you need fi do your research.

Comment

Not because he didn't play he is not a part of the squad and it don't mean I can't like him.

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                              So Lazie, if Jamaica wins this GC, beating the US, are we on par with them?
                              mek mi see if can do this ... Blackburn won one EPL title. Does that put them on par with Arsenal and Manu?

Comment

I have spoken to American coaches and agents and they all complain about the same thing. How far behind the players are tactically and that the decision making process is too slow.
                                Of course Ricketts is good, he however had a spell where he was going through some serious issues with his keeping. I defend him with the kicking out the ball quite frequently. Tyrone is a good player. Peppe is a good player, but Peppe on the ball is not that great and he does ball watch from time to time. Bibi can’t shoot his actual tackling is not that great and from time to time his positioning is poor. But he is creative, very fast and a very unselfish player. They are the exceptions not the rule. Austin has talent, but he still has a long way to improve with the ball at his foot.
                                Because they are very talented all these weaknesses will be overlooked.
                                Claude, Daley, Stew Peas, Bibi, Hue, JJ, Fuller, Shelton, Garfield Reid, Demar all had weaknesses that were identified by their coaches, but they still decided to work with them because they could do certain things very well.

Comment

Working...
                                X