Jamaica can beat the top teams too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaica can beat the top teams too

Jamaica is just as good if not better than the US on the day. Jamaica can be the best national team in CONCACAF, on the day. Based on the win today by the USA against Spain in a tournament game (technically this is significant), Jamaica can beat Spain too, on the day. The USA's millions of dollars can fund a top-notch organization, and can literally buy progress on the international stage. But with a winning mentality, over-the-top confidence, a few dollars and a bit of luck, Jamaica can beat anybody on the day, even though it could be a flash-in-the-pan win like the USA today. Million dollar funding will enable Jamaica to win consistently though. That might be out of our reach for a nation of 3 million souls.

We would need to correct the major technical and tactical flaws of our young players to achive that.

Comment

This US victory should give our team more hope and desire. Good job USA!

Comment

As the man say we have to change our mentality.

The first thing is the US players believe in their system.

The US team was very discipline and people stuck to their roles

Discipline is lacking and I am very disturb about that as it shows how many red cards we have been getting recently for tackle in the middle of the field, not even from last man.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

The USA received two red cards in the tournament thus far. Is that discipline?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
            The USA received two red cards in the tournament thus far. Is that discipline?
            You mean three (Clark, Kljestan and Bradley).

They have been refereeing this tournament very harshly. At least two of those (Kljestan and Bradley's) would have been yellows in league play. Maybe even Clark's, too.

Our guys need to be more careful at these high-profile FIFA tournaments because they tend to referee them more strictly, but I disagree with some of those decisions.

Refereeing like this could end up ruining much of the World Cup next summer.
            "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
            - Xavi

Comment

The first red card was not deserved.

I don't know if about the second but in the last 6 month almost every game we play at every level we end with 10 or less men on the field and it is not about tackling a breakaway player.

That is the kind of discipline that concerns me, we can't beat good teams doing this.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Lets see how Jamaica handle the upcoming Gold Cup. They're yet to reach the finals of this competition, anything less should certain tell us all something.
                "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by DweetSweet View Post
                  Jamaica is just as good if not better than the US on the day. Jamaica can be the best national team in CONCACAF, on the day. Based on the win today by the USA against Spain in a tournament game (technically this is significant), Jamaica can beat Spain too, on the day. The USA's millions of dollars can fund a top-notch organization, and can literally buy progress on the international stage. But with a winning mentality, over-the-top confidence, a few dollars and a bit of luck, Jamaica can beat anybody on the day, even though it could be a flash-in-the-pan win like the USA today. Million dollar funding will enable Jamaica to win consistently though. That might be out of our reach for a nation of 3 million souls.
                  This is a massive oversimplification, to say the least.

I know it must be tempting to look at yesterday's game and say, "If the U.S. can do it then so can Jamaica!" But it completely ignores the reality on the ground: that a huge gulf in quality exists between the American and Jamaican players.

The fact is that Jamaica is not even close to being able to get a win against a team like Spain, or some of the other countries that the U.S. has in recent history (Argentina, Brazil, Portugal, etc.).
                  "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
                  - Xavi

Comment

To be fair (yes, I can be, afterall the USA is not T&T!) I thought some of the cards were a little harsh against the USA.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

that is where you are wrong.

There is no huge gulf between the players.

How many American players you have scored in the EPL or any other top leagues?

If you look at our rosters you will see 90% are playing with quality teams and are doing just fine, not like so many American players in Europe sitting on their benches. Currently Ricketts, Cummings and Johnson and Marshall is at the top of the American league.

Can you support your data please? Do your research and say the same thing again.

Our prepation and discipline maybe lacking but in case you certainly have no gulf between our players. You can look at positions individually or as a team and see it for yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeppo View Post
                        ... gulf in quality exists between the American and Jamaican players.

Zeppo, I never knew you...so what do you like, ice or skunk?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

The oversimplification Zep , that you speak of is on your part , That gulf in quality that you speak of is financial and organizational , man for man the USA cannot hold a candle to us.

You fail to equate the importance of finances and organization in your simplified statement, does it matter ?
                          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
                            The oversimplification Zep , that you speak of is on your part , That gulf in quality that you speak of is financial and organizational , man for man the USA cannot hold a candle to us.

You fail to equate the importance of finances and organization in your simplified statement, does it matter ?
                            Y'all realize how tired the financial excuse get now?

"man for man the USA cannot hold a candle to us"

Really? How many times have we defeated the USA? How many times have they defeated us? The USA is top dog in Concacaf ... Jamaica is hoping to get such a label. Winning the Gold Cup to the USA is like JA and T&T winning the Digicel Cup. Qualifying for the World Cup is now a norm for the USA, Jamaica's qualification is now going the route of Haiti and Cuba ... once in a lifetime.

Unuh need fi easy wid the hype ... lets see if the team can deliver. Then again, with y'all quick to make excuses for their failure why should they?
                            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

OK I promised that I would be first in line when Zeppo stepped outside of his boundaries. Well my apologies for not being the first. Zeppo you are so wrong if you really believe that your players are individually better than ours. Your players lack the skills to evoke passion out of the spectators. Jawge made a very valid point the other day about the Brazil team using Robinho as their trump card to unlock a disciplined defense. The USA does not possess such a player. However, each US player understands the system that they play in, which is a tactically sound and organised system. That is what has made the USA so successful within the region for so long. The other teams in CONCACAF, Jamaica being the prime example, possess many players with that X factor without having the strict organizational structure. John Barnes understood that factor which we play our football and he was trying to incorporate it into our play. He gave Jermaine Johnson the freedom to express himself while demanding the discipline from the other players. It is still a work in progress which we can only get right, if employed, by playing more high quality matches. So I hope I have explained my points clearly and that you will see the folly in your statement about the "gulf" that exists between our players.
                              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Working...
                              X