Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brazil cruises to easy win over U.S.

Brazil cruises to easy win over U.S.

If this was a dress rehearsal for next year's World Cup, the United States showed it's far from ready.

The U.S. was hammered for the second time in a four-day span at the Confederations Cup, with Brazil outplaying the Americans 3-0 Thursday.

Felipe Melo scored off Maicon's free kick in the seventh minute and Robinho made it 2-0 in the 20th, completing a counterattack that began when DaMarcus Beasley and Landon Donovan failed to combine on a short corner kick. Maicon added the third goal in the 62nd.

(continue)
    "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
    - Xavi

Don't think i want to see Beasley in a starting role soon.

He has not been the same Beasley after the injury.

This confed cup is a vital tool for coach Bradley. There are some issues to be resolved.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post

He hasn't been in form for a year, and it has showed. Yet Bradley continues to play him. If he was a disaster against Costa Rica what made Bradley think he would do any better against a team like Brazil?!

Torres is a starter on one of the top teams in Mexico and deserves some time on the field. Beasley, however, has quite a few issues he needs to work out before he's considered again.
      "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
      - Xavi

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post

This confed cup is a vital tool for coach Bradley. There are some issues to be resolved.
        Beasley has been rubbish for the last 3 years. I don't even see where he fits in on the bench for this team. Torres and Adu should be ahead of him period.

I agree there are some issues to resolve starting with the coach. Bradley should be fired. - T.K.
        No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

TK what has happened to G.O.A.T. baller, Adu?
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
            TK what has happened to G.O.A.T. baller, Adu?
            He's at home washing his tights. (The Joker 3:16)

Seriously he's back at Benfica after his loan spell with Monaco. He got virtually no playing time at Monaco. It was actually less than the playing time he got at Benfica if you can believe that. Benfica fired their coach awhile back and still hasn't replaced him. So right now Freddy is in limbo. - T.K.

Comment

so do you still hold him in high esteem?
              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

so do you still hold him in high esteem?
                Is he still playing for DC United? - T.K.

Comment

Age.....i am 40 something and I would DOMINATE at the u15 level!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

stap it!!!!

Comment

Speaking bout your likkle "CHUMP" side. Unnu pay Granny Marshall some money. What a beautiful goal him score pon him own side!!! Unnu get whey by the skin of unnuh teet!!!

Comment

Speaking bout your likkle "CHUMP" side. Unnu pay Granny Marshall some money. What a beautiful goal him score pon him own side!!! Unnu get whey by the skin of unnuh teet!!!
                        LOL..it was a golaso yes! I felt so bad for him but you couldn't have asked for a better finish. He buried that mofo! Gave the keeper no chance. Couldn't have placed it any better. lol... So how much longer does your boy Osorio have? - T.K.

Comment

Who? TK I am sorry if I have misled you into believing that I care or watch MLS football. Please accept my apology. I only listen in or watch the highlights to see the demise of DC United so that I can rub it in or when I hear them mention a RBYZ's name.

Comment

Working...
                          X