X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JFF responds to Sporting Edge

June 12, 2009
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

The Jamaica Football Federation views the claim by Mr Paul Reid in his column Sporting Edge published on Thursday June 11, 2009, that Coach John Barnes was fired by the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) as nothing short of malicious and clearly intended to create mischief.[/font]

A simple checking of the facts would have revealed that Coach Barnes was in fact not fired. His contract was due to expire on June 30, 2009. Coach Barnes secured a Contract with Tranmere Rovers in England for the upcoming English football season and advised the JFF of that development last Sunday morning.

With Coach Barnes securing a job prior to the Gold Cup, the JFF decided in the long term interest of the game not to offer him a short term extension but to appoint Theodore Whitmore as National Coach for the remainder of the life of this administration.

The Gold Cup is a very important investment in Coach Whitmore that should provide him with much needed exposure. Given his performance during the last three World Cup qualifiers last year, and his development since, the JFF is confident in his capacity to perform on any stage. This decision was taken in consultation with and the approval of the chairman of the Technical Committee. This decision was subsequently approved the following day by the JFF Board of Directors (BOD) at an Emergency BOD meeting.
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

take THAT!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Sickko --- DUCK!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

mission accomplished.. attention junkie...

Comment

that eans that barnes is still the coach as we speak today? i thought it was with immediate effect? well meebe i was wrong.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

JFF president Horace Burrell said: "The board of directors of the JFF have approved the appointment of John Barnes, former England international, as the head coach of the national senior team, commencing November 1, 2008.

"The board have approved his appointment for a period of one year, which will be up for review, and possibly renewal."

Comment

With all due respect to the JFF.....why do they insist on responding to challenges in such an unprofessional manner?

First it was that classless response to the Devon Hodges matter and now this foolishness with our good friend Sickko.

Whether they are right or wrong the JFF really needs to learn how to handle themselves better when challenged. Just be like Barack and rise above it. Address the issue, give the facts and move on. No need to lower yourself to the lowest common denominator. - T.K.
              No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

I believe that it is "Redz" who is their P.R.O.

It is obligatory to begin every response first with an editorial opinion, ususally negative, about the character or nature, of the response and of the person, to which and to whom they are replying.... but that is politics in our part of the world.... they (our politicians among whom I include the JFF officials) cannot rise above the pettiness... they do not have, as advocates Lazie, broad backs...AT ALL!
                Peter R

Comment

What is wrong with how they have addressed it. They believe that the column was malicious and intended to create mischief. Everything else they have posted is a description of the events.

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
                    What is wrong with how they have addressed it. They believe that the column was malicious and intended to create mischief. Everything else they have posted is a description of the events.
                    There is nothing wrong with believing the column was malicious or intended to create mischief. It is Sickko afterall and we know he has a personal vendetta against Burrel. People can see through that pretty easily.

The issue for me is not whether the JFF is right or wrong in how the characterize an attack. For me it has to do with a certain level of professionalism. When you combine this response with their response to the whole Devon Hodges issue it leaves you wondering why they are so insecure. They need to give the impression that they are in control and are above the pettiness of others.

The JFF should read up on game theory as they are falling into the trap of "shooting down". When you "shoot down" at people or organizations who really don't matter you end up raising their profile giving them an air of credibility. That's where the professionalism comes in. Simply address the circumstances of Barnes moving on and leave it at that. A nice and measured response completely disarms those who are being less than honest. Keep the conversation above their heads and the public will respond favorably. - T.K.
                    No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

Originally posted by T.K. View Post
                      There is nothing wrong with believing the column was malicious or intended to create mischief. It is Sickko afterall and we know he has a personal vendetta against Burrel. People can see through that pretty easily.

The issue for me is not whether the JFF is right or wrong in how the characterize an attack. For me it has to do with a certain level of professionalism. When you combine this response with their response to the whole Devon Hodges issue it leaves you wondering why they are so insecure. They need to give the impression that they are in control and are above the pettiness of others.

The JFF should read up on game theory as they are falling into the trap of "shooting down". When you "shoot down" at people or organizations who really don't matter you end up raising their profile giving them an air of credibility. That's where the professionalism comes in. Simply address the circumstances of Barnes moving on and leave it at that. A nice and measured response completely disarms those who are being less than honest. Keep the conversation above their heads and the public will respond favorably. - T.K.
                      Yuh deh pon point!
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by JFF View Post
                        June 12, 2009
                        FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Coach John Barnes was fired by the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) as nothing short of malicious and clearly intended to create mischief.[/font]
                        That statement was petty and unprofessional by the JFF. They should state the facts as they see it and refrain from all personal attacks.
                        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

to quote the great gabby johnson from the movie blazing saddles......"rehrwend"

Comment

them better realise they don't have to respond to every journalist or person who criticise them, right or wrong.
                            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

TK what kind of perosnal problems do I have against Burrell? Do you see when we meet and chat? Come on man I have too much respectfor you to alloow this kin d of rubbish in public, I have nothing perosnal against either Horace Burrell or Horace Reid.

Because I dont agree with how he administers football means I have anything personal against him.
                              Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                              Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
                              X