X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benitez rules out Mascherano sale

Benitez rules out Mascherano sale

Mascherano has scored only one goal for Liverpool - against Reading in 2008

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez says Argentina midfielder Javier Mascherano is not for sale at any price. Mascherano's agent Walter Tamer has claimed this year's Champions League winners Barcelona are interested in signing the 25-year-old.
    However, Benitez told his club website: "Barcelona could not afford to match his value to Liverpool - they can offer £50m, we don't want to sell.
    "Clubs can forget about bidding for him - he has no price and he's happy here."
    Benitez has spoken to Mascherano and Tamer this summer and was taken aback to read reports suggesting the player wanted to leave.
    The Spaniard said: "I have spoken to Javier two or three times this summer - the last time was only last week - and he was very happy, very positive.

"He gave me the private number of his agent Walter Tamer and again the conversation was very positive and as all about football.
    "Walter told me that two clubs with big, big names were asking after Mascherano - and I told him to forget it, that Javier was happy in Liverpool and he was not for sale.
    "So I was surprised to see the agent's comments."
    Tamer stated earlier this week: "It would make Javier very proud that a club like Barcelona pay him attention after such an incredible year. I believe a transfer would be feasible."
    Mascherano moved to Liverpool from West Ham in 2007 and has made 90 appearances for the Reds.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

If him did get the kind of money that Milan got for Kaka, you'd ah see how fas' him would rule the sale IN - everybody has a price, even though replacing Masch would be very difficult.
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

50m...........(kiss teet). him nuh worth more than 25m.
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Working...
      X