Why Tappa will be a success!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Tappa will be a success!!

Tappa could be the most successful coach Jamaica has seen to date, he has some fundamental qualities that will lead to success if he fully applies himself to the task.

The man knows what it takes to succeed as an athlete, playing ball at a club level until he was well in his 30's had the respect of his team and was appointed coach while playing at Seba etc.
    Understand Jakan culture and what it takes to get the best out of our youths
    Is a legend now and always in Jamaica and so has a lot of upfront respect from the players.
    From everything I can see the man is a humble man, but yet no pushover and has a firm understanding of what needs to be done.
    Is a cool, calm and collected man who is never rash but does things in a calculated yet sublime manner, this may in fact be his greatest talent, to be reviewed going forward
    Really understands the competitive advantage that Jamaican players have relative to other countries and is apt to maximize or change that mix based on conditions. Speed, skill, physical size/aggression, understands fully the need for a higher level of fitness and mental toughness.

The performance of the Jakan team in the first two matches under his charge tell me all I need to know, he went in those games with what he thought was the best side, emphasizing speed and skill and mental toughness and that is what those teams brought at a time when it would have been easy to lay down and play dead, the man rose to the challenge, motivated the troops, handled the game well, the defense played very well, the type of ball I think we should play, Anancy ball, defense first, surprise attack with speed and skill second.

If you notice in those three last games we did not have a goal score on us as opposed to "Lord Barnes" who engineered a sieve of a defense, yet so many here love the man like how some "licky licky" did love them "backra".

Back to Tappa, if he fully applies himself and gets the support, plays at least 6 matches per year with at least three higher ranked opponents per year, this team will take it's rightful place at the top of the heap in Concacaf.

Good luck Tappa, stick with you gut, lay your plans and execute well and keep to the mantra of constant improvement.

While I support Tappa mi nah go rip Barnes. Good luck to him. The man have a life and a wife a london so so be it. Thank him for his time.

What we have fi watch a the so call expert them a yard who know so much bout the game a go try break Tappa without giving him a chance. As rumour have it Barnes did have fi tell Burrell fi tell them fi shut up early inna him tenure as them a talk say him nuh know nothing bout coaching.

I think what we need is a real good coach to do all island development othe than than the first team coach. We have a good amount of youth islandwide who need one constant program to develop into, same like how the former goalie coach Paul Campbell use to go islandwide find the talent and work with them on a continuous basis and measure their development.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I think Tappa will be fine. His display in the games after Simoes in a time when we had to do or die says a lot. Pity the Captain did not give Simoes the boot earlier. Maybe our results would have been better with even an extra game under Tappa.

I say go and show them how to make us proud in the Gold Cup Tappa! I only hope the JFF will give him full support to get the job done.
      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Good write by Stonigut!
        ...and if the way Tappa got the Boyz to play in World Cup Qualifiers is anything to go by Tappa and our Boyz will be fine!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
          Tappa could be the most successful coach Jamaica has seen to date, he has some fundamental qualities that will lead to success if he fully applies himself to the task.

The man knows what it takes to succeed as an athlete, playing ball at a club level until he was well in his 30's had the respect of his team and was appointed coach while playing at Seba etc.
          Understand Jakan culture and what it takes to get the best out of our youths
          Is a legend now and always in Jamaica and so has a lot of upfront respect from the players.
          From everything I can see the man is a humble man, but yet no pushover and has a firm understanding of what needs to be done.
          Is a cool, calm and collected man who is never rash but does things in a calculated yet sublime manner, this may in fact be his greatest talent, to be reviewed going forward
          Really understands the competitive advantage that Jamaican players have relative to other countries and is apt to maximize or change that mix based on conditions. Speed, skill, physical size/aggression, understands fully the need for a higher level of fitness and mental toughness.

The performance of the Jakan team in the first two matches under his charge tell me all I need to know, he went in those games with what he thought was the best side, emphasizing speed and skill and mental toughness and that is what those teams brought at a time when it would have been easy to lay down and play dead, the man rose to the challenge, motivated the troops, handled the game well, the defense played very well, the type of ball I think we should play, Anancy ball, defense first, surprise attack with speed and skill second.

If you notice in those three last games we did not have a goal score on us as opposed to "Lord Barnes" who engineered a sieve of a defense, yet so many here love the man like how some "licky licky" did love them "backra".

Back to Tappa, if he fully applies himself and gets the support, plays at least 6 matches per year with at least three higher ranked opponents per year, this team will take it's rightful place at the top of the heap in Concacaf.

Good luck Tappa, stick with you gut, lay your plans and execute well and keep to the mantra of constant improvement.
          Good write, sah!
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Thanks, I had to write that our people sometimes have no faith in themselves, imagine the record that Tappa has put together yet the first thing man ah write is pure doubt, the doubt them show is really just a reflection of the doubt within themselves.

The side that Tappa pick and the way them played to get the result no outside coach no matter how much money him worth coulda do that.

Nuff man pon this site a bow down to Lord Barnes and the man don't even do nothing at all, just chat some foolishness as far as I am concerned.

Which Barnes result was a surprise, not one, NOT ONE, NOT ONE DEGGEH DEGGEH one!!! incredible how man can believe in a pretentious wannabe when the real thing sitting in front of them, we were expected to beat every team in the Caribbean Champs Cup, the best result was the Nigeria result and that was just "par" (actually more like a bogey we should have beat that Nigeria side) for the course so what exactly was achieved while he was here.

The results versus Mex and Hon were not expected, we wished and we hoped and the team delivered based on Tappa plans and execution. What more can anyone ask fah.

The chupidness that man and man talk sometimes is just too much. I would love any man/boy/woman to counteract that argument that I just lay down, results are everything, especially when it is in a match that actually count for something!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

What kind of coaching license does Whitmore have?
              "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
              - Xavi

Comment

Football

Comment

Originally posted by Zeppo View Post
                  What kind of coaching license does Whitmore have?
                  I think the JFF has been sending Tappa to some coaching courses overseas. Not sure where exactly.

Comment

I think the JFF has been sending Tappa to some coaching courses overseas. Not sure where exactly.

????

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

So he still hasn't completed the coaching license yet?
                      "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
                      - Xavi

Comment

you a go fire him?
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

is he even doing it? the ost above was rather vague.....he has results so far and the last 3 were in games that REALLY mattered and he was perfect!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Yanks!

A few years ago Munro hired a coach based in Florida who had every solitary certificate and license there is to be had in foo...soccer.

Ask Sickko or Tilla if wi win D-Cup yet.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

If u you are going to base your argument on results, the last coaching job tappa had before those 3 games didnt go too well from what i can remember.

Comment

Working...
                              X