Cesc eyes Alonso signing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cesc eyes Alonso signing

Cesc Fabregas believes Arsene Wenger should consider a summer move for Liverpool midfielder Xabi Alonso.
    Alonso has enjoyed an excellent season at Anfield but speculation has suggested he could leave Merseyside during the transfer window.
    Rafa Benitez dismissed such reports over the weekend after fresh stories regarding Alonso and a possible switch to Real Madrid.
    Fabregas nevertheless admits he would love his Spanish compatriot to join him at Emirates Stadium next season.
    The Arsenal midfielder does not think Wenger needs to make many signings ahead of the 2009/10 campaign but feels bringing in Alonso would significantly strengthen the squad.
    "We have lost big players, but the boss knows what he is doing," said Fabregas.
    "The days of signing a new player aren't finished.
    "We need someone in the middle to make competition and make a difference, plus give us a new dimension.
    "I think that is all we need. The rest is perfect.
    "Xabi would be great. He's experienced and can score goals. I'm sure the boss is aware of that fact."

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
    Cesc Fabregas believes Arsene Wenger should consider a summer move for Liverpool midfielder Xabi Alonso.

Alonso has enjoyed an excellent season at Anfield but speculation has suggested he could leave Merseyside during the transfer window.

Rafa Benitez dismissed such reports over the weekend after fresh stories regarding Alonso and a possible switch to Real Madrid.

Fabregas nevertheless admits he would love his Spanish compatriot to join him at Emirates Stadium next season.
    The Arsenal midfielder does not think Wenger needs to make many signings ahead of the 2009/10 campaign but feels bringing in Alonso would significantly strengthen the squad.

"We have lost big players, but the boss knows what he is doing," said Fabregas.

"The days of signing a new player aren't finished.

"We need someone in the middle to make competition and make a difference, plus give us a new dimension.

"I think that is all we need. The rest is perfect.

"Xabi would be great. He's experienced and can score goals. I'm sure the boss is aware of that fact."
    The rest is perfect?
    How many goalscoring opportunities were created and went a begging?

Tons!

...and Cesc thinks "the rest is pefect"?
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
    X