Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rooney: Iniesta is the world's best

Rooney masks pain to hail Iniesta as world's best

Manchester United's Wayne Rooney did not let the disappointment of Wednesday's 2-0 defeat in the Champions League final stop him hailing Barcelona's Andres Iniesta as the world's best player.

Iniesta was instrumental as the Catalans controlled midfield to claim their third European Cup with relative ease. He laid on Samuel Eto'o's 10th-minute opener before Lionel Messi sealed victory with a rare header in the second half.

"They are a brilliant team and I think Iniesta is the best player in the world at the moment," the forward, among the English champions' biggest disappointments on the night, told reporters.

(continue)
    "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
    - Xavi

Thats it ... was too busy watching Iniesta instead of tackling him.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Who eager fi tek salad?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Iniesta a Balla from long time.

Comment

He didn't impress against Chelsea tho'; then he seemed to lose the ball plenty... Fergie should have hired Guus for the night.
          Peter R

Comment

Bredrin a which game yuh did a watch? Of course the man was impressive in the Chelsea game!

Comment

Yow Lazie, yuh see the post-mortem report yet?

Comment

Fergie's team selection & tactics on de night was awful
                “I am not a politician..I only suffer the consequences”.......Peter Tosh

Comment

My point is that in the final he raised his game waay above the Chelsea match. Chelsea I thought closed down his dribbling at the critical moments... he should have passed more often in that game given the way he was guarded; everone is entitled to a bad day by their own standards;
                  Unfortunately for Manure in the final ALL their players AND the manager ate the same thing for lunch May 27... and not to say the outcome would have been different but they (ManU) really looked BAD.

Chelsea on the other had played more than well enough to have won v Barca, however Barca demonstrated tenacity and perseverace, one can't blame them for the ref's bad day. Chelsea should have scored their second chances. I believe somehow ManU would have played a better game against Chelsea given their respective talents.
                  Peter R

Comment

The movement and passing of Barcelona was at the very top of the world. Truth is it could have been and should have been 5 goals for Barcelona!

Comprehensive defeat?
                    Yup!
                    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Karl,

I always stick to the "could have been"... I always like to give some credit to the goalies for being in the best position for blocking a shot etc... ManUtes did get some scoring opportunities too... Ronaldo's shot early on stands out in my mind.
                      Peter R

Comment

Did you see the Barca VS Chelsea first leg ???

Chelsea were lucky to have a chance to compete in the second leg... Barca was VERY gracious in their inability to find the back of the net.

People ah act like seh is one game the teams did play...

It was manifestly clear over the 2 games who was the better team in the balance..

Comment

I will defer to you... quite so regarding two-legged games; what was "manifestly clear" to me (and the whole world) was that that beautiful football won the day on the 27th.
                          Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
                            Karl,

I always stick to the "could have been"... I always like to give some credit to the goalies for being in the best position for blocking a shot etc... ManUtes did get some scoring opportunities too... Ronaldo's shot early on stands out in my mind.

Peter R: Took that into consideration.
                            BoyU was played off the park!

I was forced to comment on a certain team handling my beloved Gunners like bwoys in a particular match...

...Barcelona handled BoyU in like manner!
                            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

"I believe somehow ManU would have played a better game against Chelsea given their respective talents."

Pedro you are spot on with this statement. I have said it befor eto the President that Fergie always have a problem playing European teams and managers. He always try to over-analyse the game and change his tactics to counter them instead of playing a ManU game and have the opponents try to counter us.
                              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Working...
                              X