No announcement yet.

Zeppo-here is one that wasn't good enough for MLS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe him not dat good and Everton has misjudged his talent.

Possible.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
      Maybe him not dat good and Everton has misjudged his talent.

Possible.
      Most definitely a possibility. There's still a long way to go before he makes it to the Everton first team.

It could be that he stays with the reserves for a year or so then ends up being sold to a team in a lower division. Who knows?

At any rate, you can't fault him for jumping at the chance. Let's see what happens...
      "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
      - Xavi

Comment

so how are they going to get minority included without a second team?

Explain that to me. You think you can pack your roster with unknown quantity?

With a second team you get a close up look for a period of time.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Exactly...maybe we should wait to see how he actually performs before we rush to judgment. There are so many examples of players who've signed who don't live up to expectations.
          Peter R

Comment

I was just being mischevious,it does happen even in the UK.Clubs

Comment

I was just being mischevous,it does happen even in the UK.Clubs release players from time to time and they go on to great things somewhere else. Football is all about opinions,just ask Mosiah if he was the head coach of the Boyz Hue would be the first name on the team sheet.

Comment

The improbable case of Anton Peterlin

You know the script all too well. American soccer player with foreign roots gets a chance of a lifetime and signs with a big English club. It is the basic premise behind the movie "Goal", but it is also the story of California native Anton Peterlin.

A defensive midfielder at Cal Poly-San Luis Obispo last fall, Peterlin scored a dream opportunity to train with English club Everton this spring and made the most of it, impressing Everton manager David Moyes enough to earn a contract offer he will sign this summer.

(continue)
                "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
                - Xavi

Comment

Peterlin talks about 'miracle' move

Newly signed Everton midfielder Anton Peterlin is living the dream of any young soccer professional, having made the astounding jump from the PDL to the Premiere League practically overnight.

YA recently caught up with Peterlin and his coach at the PDL's Ventura county Fusion, Graham Smith, to hear get the full story of what Peterlin himself called a 'miracle' move.

Peterlin explained that Smith, a well connected veteran of the EPL, was central to setting up a trial with the Toffees.

(continue)
                  - Xavi

Comment

Everton FC signing Anton Peterlin is living the American dream

Hot news for frustrated Everton fans eagerly awaiting the Blues' first signing of the summer. They’ve already made one! American midfielder Anton Peterlin flew into Merseyside this week to put pen to paper on a one year deal – two months after the Echo reported his signing following a 10-day trial.

And he’s both excited and thrilled by his big chance.

"I'm not sure how often such miracles happen, but I will not squander this opportunity," he declared.

Goodison was still gripped with FA Cup fever when the 22-year-old’s capture from Ventura County Fusion was announced – and largely overlooked.

(continue)
                    - Xavi

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
                      Everton have completed a deal for American midfielder Anton Peterlin.
                      The 22-year-old has been on trial at Goodison Park and has done enough to earn a permanent deal with The Toffees.
                      Peterlin currently plies his trade for Californian-based Ventura County Fusion - who play in the fourth tier of American football.
                      Fusion are coached by Englishman Graham Smith and he recommended Peterlin to Everton boss David Moyes.
                      "I felt he had a chance," said Smith.
                      "He's a very intelligent young boy. He will go into medicine if he doesn't make it as a soccer player. He has the mental capacity as well as the physical capacity to succeed.
                      "Moyes put him immediately with the first team and Anton did not look out of place. For eight days, he applied himself tremendously well."
                      Pleased

Moyes himself admitted Peterlin made a big impact and he is pleased to have signed him.
                      "Anton really impressed myself and the coaching staff with his attitude and undoubted ability," said Moyes.
                      "We are therefore delighted to give him the chance to establish a professional career here at Everton."
                      The player, who recently had trials with MLS side San Jose and Chicago, is understandably ecstatic to have earned himself a move to England.
                      "It's a cliche to say, but it really is a dream come true," said Peterlin.
                      "I've always aspired to play at the highest level."
                      Peterlin, who has an EU passport as one of his parents is Danish, will officially join Everton in July and will be with them when they tour America early that month.
                      Wow ... such huge interest in an unknown American... of no particular merit.

Puzzling to say the least.... must be a very slow day.
                      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Zeppo View Post
                        Everton FC signing Anton Peterlin is living the American dream

Hot news for frustrated Everton fans eagerly awaiting the Blues' first signing of the summer. They’ve already made one! American midfielder Anton Peterlin flew into Merseyside this week to put pen to paper on a one year deal – two months after the Echo reported his signing following a 10-day trial.

And he’s both excited and thrilled by his big chance.

"I'm not sure how often such miracles happen, but I will not squander this opportunity," he declared.

Goodison was still gripped with FA Cup fever when the 22-year-old’s capture from Ventura County Fusion was announced – and largely overlooked.

(continue)
                        Really fascinating stuff. A player from the PDL makes it to the EPL! It goes to show there is more than one way to skin a cat if you really want to make it as a professional. Jay Demeritt is one that comes to mind. Even though he wasn't in the main pipeline as a youth soccer player he still found his way over to England to play. Nice to see the player pool expanding this way. Good luck to Peterlin. It will be interesting to see how much growing pains he'll have to go through at Everton. I can't think off the top of my head any player making such a big jump in quality. - T.K.
                        No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

Working...
                        X