A honest view from a Gunner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A honest view from a Gunner

Sitting in the stand i was surprised and disappointed by Arsenal's performance.That was the worst performance against Man U by the Gunners in more than ten years,only god above knows how Arsenal are still in this Semi-final tie.Almunia was the difference or we would've lost by at least 3 clear goals.I dont know what it was but the Arsenal players didn't turn up for this game.Walcott seemed like a little boy lost,Adebayor could'nt get old of the ball Nasri was a shadow of himself and Fabregas was poor.The only players who came out of the game with any credit were Almunia,Toure,Gibbs and Song surely Arsenal cant play that poorly again.In contrast Manchester United moved the ball around well,they always had an outlet on the right with Ronaldo or on the left with Rooney,Carlos Tevez movement and composure always had the Arsenal defence worried while Fletcher and Anderson's workrate was not matched by Nasri and Diaby.I am not one to criticise Arsene Wenger but i think he made a mistake playing Fabregas so far forward,Nasri in central midfield and Diaby on the left.It should've been Diaby behind Adebayor,Nasri on the left and Fabregas in central midfield where he is more effective and can dictate the tempo of the game.Right now i'm just happy to be in this tie.As Man U missed a golden opportunity?can the Gunners take them at the Emirates?Only time will tell. COME ON YOU GUNNERS

See my response to Karl below.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
      I see where you coming from,however Arsenal were poor they got stage fright.While i have to agree Man U,passed the ball well and worked hard off the ball,Arsenal's passing and overall performance was below par hence they are lucky to still be in this tie.

Comment

Agree.

Arsenals' game was also very slow. They appeared very unsure....

When are they going to get rid of Bendtner?
        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
          Agree.

Arsenals' game was also very slow. They appeared very unsure....

When are they going to get rid of Bendtner?
          Yuhy notice the closest Arsenal came to scoring was with Bendtner?
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Objectively, I believe Arsenal's poor performance had more to do with the Empire's superior tactics. I have seen Fergie use the same tactics when we play Chel$ki. He feels more comfortable playing and formulating a game plan against English teams than against other European teams. He uses his speedy forwards to nullify the opponents' speedy wingbacks to cover his own wingbacks. I would not be surprised to see the same team line up for the return game. For most of the game, the Arsenal attackers were kept at bay about 25 - 30 yards outside of our goal because our midfielders and forwards dropped back. It was a total team effort on our part.
            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Objectively, I believe Arsenal's poor performance had more to do with the Empire's superior tactics. I have seen Fergie use the same tactics when we play Chel$ki. He feels more comfortable playing and formulating a game plan against English teams than against other European teams. He uses his speedy forwards to nullify the opponents' speedy wingbacks to cover his own wingbacks. I would not be surprised to see the same team line up for the return game. For most of the game, the Arsenal attackers were kept at bay about 25 - 30 yards outside of our goal because our midfielders and forwards dropped back. It was a total team effort on our part.
              Jangle ... yuh nuh know that giving Manu credit is a no no for some?
              "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

it is worse than pulling teet to rhatid.

Comment

ah just HALF TIME !! keep the chat till till the end of the second HALF next week.
                  Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

I know that. I am not gloating......yet. One nil is nothing to feel comfortable about.

Comment

...and did I not say Almunia kept us alive. ...that BoyU could have scored 3 or 4...I think the words were something along the lline that we were outplayed and BoyU had 3 or 4 clear chances.

...but I did say the GUNNERS deliberately slowed the game. ...and that it appeared to me that containing BoyU and scoring 1 away goal was the aim.

So what did you respond to me on?
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Karl, this is what I am saying - From the mouth of the Grumpy One:

"Arsenal were unusually shot-shy at the other end of the Old Trafford pitch, rarely testing Edwin van der Sar in the United goal. For this, Wenger praised the performance and tactics of his opposition.

"They (United) played well, they started very strong. They played at a fast pace, they closed us down well and we never got into our stride."

Comment

It will surely be a different game at the Emirates.

Comment

Lazie, if Bendtner had scored a hat trick and win the game, i hardly think my view on him would change.

And close to scoring don't count--- as you well know.
                            The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
                              Lazie, if Bendtner had scored a hat trick and win the game, i hardly think my view on him would change.

And close to scoring don't count--- as you well know.
                              Well he was certainly more dangerous that Emmanuel yesterday. The World's best CD had it easy all day and got injuried because of Nicklas.

Comment

Working...
                              X