No announcement yet.

The CRAP continues....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

but none of them black like him.....at best it is a casual unconcerned prejudice which, unless i am mistaken, you seem to think is OK.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
      Inter's most hated rival is Milan. Milan's most hated rival is La Vecchia Putada! LoL
      Do some research on the Derby d'Italia.
      "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
      - Xavi

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
        but none of them black like him.....at best it is a casual unconcerned prejudice which, unless i am mistaken, you seem to think is OK.
        Go back to Hortical's original statement. He was wondering if this incident would cause Balotelli to "reconsider his commitment to the Italian national team".

I said that I doubt it, because he knows that he won't have to deal with that kind of crap when playing for Italy. Not from Italian fans, anyway. If it causes him to reconsider anything it would most likely be the country in which he chooses to play his professional ball.

Of course, I could be wrong and he might up and decide to switch his national allegiance from Italy to Ghana. But I doubt it.

As for you thinking that I'm "OK" with the prejudice that he had to put up with, I can only say that you have quite an imagination.
        "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
        - Xavi

Comment

oh? i was looking for a yes or no...how difficult and how much clearer would that have been?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

West Ham keen to sign Mario Balotelli from Inter Milan

According to the Mirror, Balotelli, 18, was a target of West Ham's in January, but Inter were not willing to sell the Italian U21 international.

However, Balotelli, who was born to Ghanaian immigrant parents but brought up by an Italian family, was subjected to racist chants at the weekend during Inter's 1-1 draw with Juventus, and West Ham believe the player may now be willing to swap Serie A for the Premier League.

Juve fans reportedly chanted "black Italians don't exist", and as a result the Bianconeri have been ordered to play their next league home game - against Lecce on May 3 - behind closed doors.

(continue)
            - Xavi

Comment

I find it rather amusing to read Moratti's indignant comments when considering that Inter fans are just as guilty of pulling the same kind of crap:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...football.sport

Did he want to pull his team off the field then?
              - Xavi

Comment

Juventus chants were not racism, says Mourinho

Inter Milan striker Mario Balotelli encountered ignorance, not racism, when he was abused by fans at Juventus, the Serie A leaders’ coach Jose Mourinho said on Wednesday.

Juventus were ordered to play their next home league game behind closed doors on Monday after sections of the crowd in Turin chanted “a black Italian does not exist” at the 18-year-old, who scored in Saturday’s 1-1 draw.

Balotelli, an Italy under-21 international, was born in Palermo but is of Ghanaian descent.

“I don’t think it’s racism,” Mourinho told a news conference. “It’s an ignorant, stupid, infantile way to show that I don’t like this player.”

(continue)
                - Xavi

Comment

zeppo, what are your thoughts on mourinho's observation?

Comment

It's ignorance AND racism; no different than monkey chants or whatever other type of ignorant behaviour they bring to the stadium; today it's Mario's turn, just like when the Spanish fans took a turn at Etoo. You can't say just because they didn't attack other black players it wasn't racially motivated or based.

Mourinho should call a spade a spade er... I mean he should tell it as it is... dem dyam racist!! and deserve de ban!
                    Peter R

Comment

cool nuh peter...yuh nuh si mi ask zeppo a question?!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                        zeppo, what are your thoughts on mourinho's observation?
                        I think that Mourinho has somewhat of a point in his comments when he mentions that the Juve fans don't abuse their own black players.

But I disagree with him that the insults against Balotelli were not racist. Even if they weren't doing it to Inter's other black players, the Juve fans were singling him out and insulting him specifically for his race. To me that makes it a racist insult.

And if the Italian football authorities were to share Mourinho's opinion then they would leave the door open for similar incidents in the future, or possibly even worse ones.

The authorities can't try to split hairs on these kinds of things. They have to come down swift and hard on incidents like this to send the message that it will not be tolerated.
                        - Xavi

Comment

Balotelli again abused by Juventus fans

Juventus fans again sang chants against Mario Balotelli on Wednesday just four days after racially abusing the Inter Milan striker during a Serie A match, Italian media reported.

Sections of crowd at Turin’s Stadio Olimpico briefly chanted “Balotelli son of a ..” in Wednesday’s Italian Cup semi-final second leg against Lazio, the ANSA news agency said.

(continue)
                          - Xavi

Comment

Originally posted by Zeppo View Post
                            I think that Mourinho has somewhat of a point in his comments when he mentions that the Juve fans don't abuse their own black players.
                            What point is that?

The point is they "tolerate" a black player ( do not abuse him) as long as he doesn't claim to be Italian. In other words, you can only be Italian if you're white... and that is pure racism.
                            Peter R

Comment

Inter Starlet Mario Balotelli To Be Given Anti-Racism Award
                              - Xavi

Comment

Working...
                              X