RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

National Pride is more than just words!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What shame are you referring to?

Comment

I think you guys are missing the point... I don't think anyone in their right mind (including Mosiah) is dismissing the contribution of UB40 players or those who would like to represent the country of the birth, or forefathers, with pride and dignity.

It is however irksome to read a comment like that made by Mears...it is disrespectful and dismissive of our football, and country...are we that desperate that we would put any an everyone on the team for them to turn round and make those kind of comments? if the guy had class and any respect, he might thank the JFF and the jamaican people for embracing him and giving him an opportunity to play for country, then he could make his lame excuse for why he's quitting the team...

The point is before a player is picked, apart from football ability, the coach (or TD) should have some idea of the player's intentions...like a prospective son-in-law, are his intentions honourable or is jus a free f c u k him lookin... til sumting better come along?
      Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Runawaybay View Post
        I only said one thing you agree with? Wow. Mi lose affa yuh. What about the part about "Jamaica's strength lies in its people"?
        Jamaica's "people" are not those of us who have never considered Jamaica with any sort of respect until some coach comes knocking at their doors. Jamaica's "people" don't use Jamaica. Jamaica's "people" don't diss Jamaica. And yes, those "people" can live anywhere, including on the Rock.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

What about the amount faught rene called up in his tenure ,Rene called up those who wouldnt threaten his ego, this crap about barnes talking too much can only be compared with Rene who wasnt media shy.At times it was thought he was campaigning for the JFF prez seat.

I enjoy every minute of Barnes speeches.I agree with most of what he says besides the results speak for themselves.

We have a winnning combo in Tappa and Barnes.The problem is the broke ass JFF who will undermine everyone to hide thier own unprofessionalism.
          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

The truth about John Barnes is that many people on here have been calling for him to be our National Coach for years and I think they were somewhat naive.

1) They should have know he was going to look at many English player. He lives in England and watch these players so it should be no secret he was going to call a few.

2) It is no secret that Barnes was not interested in signing a long term contract. A year and a half ago he said he was not ready for national coaching job and wanted to be with a club. His frequent commentary tells us he was interested in coaching in the top level of British football.

3) We all know he took the job as a stepping stone and record matter more to him than anything else. Barnes tenure is result oriented more than anything else.

4) Barnes love the mic and the media and as long as they put it in his face he is going to talk. Not because he got the Jamaican job he is going to let a dollar or oppurtunity pass him.

I expected a little bit more development stuff from Barnes but nothing else surprises me. We as a football country have no idea what we want. We want win, we boo our local players when they are on the field and then cuss when overseas players are called. We cuss our local coaches but then we want them appointed and when they are you have 50 coaches to tell you them better than the current one.

This is a reflection on us, not on Barnes.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I agree to a certain extent. However I'm sure you realize that there are countless examples of people "use", "diss", exploit and sully Jamaica and its name yet are still free to be counted amount its people. It's not like we can deport them to Gitmo now that it will soon be available. With the good comes the bad.

Comment

Not worth responding to.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

One word ! David Johnson ! ....PLEASSSSE the truth about Barnes is he is no different than anyone on the mic or with the media or a dollar in his face , maybe too honest.
                  THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Mosiah, I understand your gripe, and any "true" Jamaican would feel p issed off and p issed on after a Mears' comments. The reality however, is that, until Jamaica can climb up the FIFA rankings ladder, and be consistently competitive against top opponents, then we are going to continue to hears comments like Mears' from other UB40's. We need to get to a place where they will be doing their own digging to find their Jamaican roots. Until then, we need them.
                    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Well, sorry, can't sell my soul "in the meantime".

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Any of them that Simoes called up made the kind of statement Mears allegedly said? "allegedly" given that Barnes seems to be defending him.

I don't care if we lose 10-nil if the player on the field has the team at heart and is giving 100% for country... that's all I'm saying and expecting from anyone who is called up.
                        Peter R

Comment

Working...
                        X