RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

National Pride is more than just words!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Pride is more than just words!!

People, my forum family, mi football bredrins and sistrens. Jamaica may be small but wi tallawah as you all know. As for me, I am a Jamaican from the hair on my skin to the blood that flows throgh my body and feeds my black, green and gold heart that beats nothing but Dancehall and Reggae Riddims as I breathe Caribbean breeze any whe mi deh inna di Worl! With this unapologetic Jamaican pride and love for my country I call for everyone here to support the call for the JFF to part ways with John Barnes, save themselves money and headaches and put Tappa Whitmore in charge of the squad or anyone who is proud to represent Jamaica, because I cannot support anyone who see my country or service to my Jamaica as a stepping stone. We are nobody's trash, mat, or footstool so I suggest that whoever is not willing to cry wid wi and bleed fi wi, please do us the favour and leave us alone, mek wi fight wid willing soldiers and die wid honour if a dat it come down to. I loved John Barnes as a Liverpool player, but as a Jamaican sport figure?...the line is long and him deh waaaaay behind, so him have faaar fi go in that regard. This bredda has been disrespecting us from even before he took over and he has done nothing yet. Our Reggaeboyz name was built by our football field soldiers and our unrelenting fans...this is our nickname...our brand! So bredrin you either come with love and enhance the product or go back a England whe dem already used yuh and nuh want yuh anymore. Deon Burton, Paul Hall and Fitzroy Simpson were soldiers who came and fought for us, and they are as Jamaican as any. John Barnes please stop the disgrace of calling up these licky-licky self serving scavengers trying to prey on our ambitions to enhance theirs. I have no problem with someone who considers himself a Yard-man and wholeheartedly want to represent us...you are welcome, but it is on you to make the necessary sacrifices! John Barnes you are not good enough yet to want a dual role like Guus Hiddink...he has earned it. You on the other hand Mr. Barnes need to concentrate on making our Yard products better than what they were when you came...because that is what good coaches do my friend. So if you are good enough just shut up and do some coaching fi wi, otherwise leggo off a wi team and mek we watch FSC to keep track of which club team beating down yuh door.

nuff said.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I guess we have a new organization here now

F.A.B Fans Against Barnes

Sensi- as President
      Mosiah- General Secretray

Comment

Originally posted by Sensi View Post
        People, my forum family, mi football bredrins and sistrens. Jamaica may be small but wi tallawah as you all know. As for me, I am a Jamaican from the hair on my skin to the blood that flows throgh my body and feeds my black, green and gold heart that beats nothing but Dancehall and Reggae Riddims as I breathe Caribbean breeze any whe mi deh inna di Worl! With this unapologetic Jamaican pride and love for my country I call for everyone here to support the call for the JFF to part ways with John Barnes, save themselves money and headaches and put Tappa Whitmore in charge of the squad or anyone who is proud to represent Jamaica, because I cannot support anyone who see my country or service to my Jamaica as a stepping stone. We are nobody's trash, mat, or footstool so I suggest that whoever is not willing to cry wid wi and bleed fi wi, please do us the favour and leave us alone, mek wi fight wid willing soldiers and die wid honour if a dat it come down to. I loved John Barnes as a Liverpool player, but as a Jamaican sport figure?...the line is long and him deh waaaaay behind, so him have faaar fi go in that regard. This bredda has been disrespecting us from even before he took over and he has done nothing yet. Our Reggaeboyz name was built by our football field soldiers and our unrelenting fans...this is our nickname...our brand! So bredrin you either come with love and enhance the product or go back a England whe dem already used yuh and nuh want yuh anymore. Deon Burton, Paul Hall and Fitzroy Simpson were soldiers who came and fought for us, and they are as Jamaican as any. John Barnes please stop the disgrace of calling up these licky-licky self serving scavengers trying to prey on our ambitions to enhance theirs. I have no problem with someone who considers himself a Yard-man and wholeheartedly want to represent us...you are welcome, but it is on you to make the necessary sacrifices! John Barnes you are not good enough yet to want a dual role like Guus Hiddink...he has earned it. You on the other hand Mr. Barnes need to concentrate on making our Yard products better than what they were when you came...because that is what good coaches do my friend. So if you are good enough just shut up and do some coaching fi wi, otherwise leggo off a wi team and mek we watch FSC to keep track of which club team beating down yuh door.
        Well said,John Barnes chat too much more time

Comment

Lowwww Barnes , so what if he wants to use Jamaica to pad his CV , whats the difference between him and the Brazillians.Whom got paid handsomely for thier assingment?

If you want to develop a national programme dont expect barnes to do this , its the JFF responsibility.
          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

The man chat too much more time boss,less chatting and let the football do the talking by reaching at least the smi-final of the gold cup

Comment

But you boasy..

How far wi did reach di last Gold Cup.. ?

Who was di coach again ?

Comment

I want to see the back of Barnes mor than anything...I 2nd the call for Whitmore to be given the Job. I never like the unproven arrogant Barnes from day 1. Do you guys read the articles about him. Articles stating that he brought respect back to the national team....How did he do that? Tell me no other Coach has won the Caribbean title. Wasn't Tappa the one responsible for wins against Canada, Honduras, and Mexico in competitive games?

I seh run weh Barnes and di English fool dem weh tek wi fi door mat.
                question, if we are globe trotting and picking up the rejects from places like England....how do we ever expect to compete against them...We are picking up people who not even qualify to be in England 2nd 11 and we want a match against England...run weh Mears....Let's see if he gest a call to the Gold Cup Squad

Comment

bwoy sensi... mi cudden seh it any betta... 1000% in agreement wid ebryting yuh seh...

jff, please release john barnes... seit deh, mi a call fi john barnes release...
                  'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

If Mears gets a call up after making that statement then whoever calls him up needs to go too.

However, anyone of Jamaican heritage is welcome (in my opinion) to represent AS LONG AS they are willing to give their everything like Deon Burton... and that goes for the coach too.. give Barnes enough rope he might hang himself.
                    Peter R

Comment

Nuh bodda try steal my thunder. Mi call fi him release before yuh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
                        However, anyone of Jamaican heritage is welcome (in my opinion) to represent AS LONG AS they are willing to give their everything like Deon Burton... and that goes for the coach too.. give Barnes enough rope he might hang himself.
                        I have always supported players like Deon Burton, so this lie that I don't want UB40s on the team is...well, a lie!

But di mercenary ting? Mi nuh inna dat! And that's what you get when you go breaking down doors trying to get some of these players into the team.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

every coach so far has had their hiccups...look there are players in JA who do not take the national team thing seriously by not training seriously etc.

i would not call for his head although i am annoyed at his constant "come get me" statements HOWEVER the truth is that he is contracted only thru the Gold Cup and as long as he does his job i can overlook his verbal diarrhea. the truth though is that he puts pressure on himself with that behaviour.

anyway a 1 year stint with the reggae boyz will not change that brand name recognition that they have.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Me nah call fi him head,because as far as i see he is doing a good job.The team look like a team for the first time in a long time.My only problem with Barnes him chat too much.

Comment

Please remember John Barnes is the men's' team head coach, not the Technical Director of the JFF. As such he is not and should not be responsible for developing (or giving a "buss" to) Jamaican players. That responsibility rests with the players' club professional coaching staff.

Since JB is only the men's team coach, he has to identify professional footballers from the Jamaican diaspora around the world (very broad sporting definition) who in three days before an international game have the desire to play, are healthy, are match fit and can be present to train and play. Those four factors change on a day-to-day basis in the life of a professional footballer. Once players arrive from their clubs, he then has to explain his game plan and execute it on game day to win a game.

The win record is more important to a coach who is not a TD than to a TD who is also a coach. JB has has to invite players that he knows and sees on a regular basis. Since he lives in the UK, he is going to have contact and see European-based players a lot more than US- or Jamaican-based players. Plus he is a football pundit, who has made a living by "running his mouth" and giving forthright opinions. You cant expect him to stop talking now that he is a national team coach.

The national team is getting wins and playing a very disciplined and structured game right now as shown in the Nigeria game and a few of the Digicel Cup games. I for one am feeling good about the national team again after all those wilderness years.

There is no basis for calling for Barnes's ouster. Arrogance should never be the basis for releasing a national team coach. In fact, I prefer some arrogance if it inspires confidence in my players. Most successful coaches have a little arrogance with some humility anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X