Blackburn bullies cut my foot like a knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackburn bullies cut my foot like a knife

Blackburn bullies cut my foot like a knife, says Arsenal star Andrey Arshavin
    By John Cross 17/03/2009
    FA Cup Quarter Final: Arsenal v Hull, 7.45pm

Andrey Arshavin has begged to play in Arsenal's FA Cup quarter final against Hull tonight - even though his foot has been "cut like a knife".
    The Arsenal midfielder was angry at Blackburn's tough tactics after Andre Ooijer's challenge left his right foot needing eight stitches at halftime.
    But incredibly the Russian scored his wonder goal with the same foot and also turned down Wenger's offer of a rest against Hull because he is desperate to play.
    Advertisement - article continues below ยป
    //'); //]]>

Arshavin said: "I can't even step on my foot now. It's like a knife cut - not very deep but quite painful. Blackburn is the toughest tackling team I've ever played against.
    "Ooijer tore my boot and the skin too. At half-time, our doctor had to do a lot of work on my foot. So when I scored the second goal, I ran over to thank him for a job well done."
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

backside wi have a warrior!!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
      backside wi have a warrior!!!!
      ...yes?

...but he should rest that foot and allow it to heal! That is in his and the GUNNERS best interest!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Didn't know you cut knives?

Comment

lost intranslation....

i think he meant to say "knife cut" i.e. the cut he received was like getting cut from a knife.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
          X