X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another EPL player again

England player Richards arrested

Micah Richards has been released on bail by police

Manchester City defender Micah Richards has been arrested in connection with an alleged assault outside a nightclub.
    The 20-year-old England international was questioned by Greater Manchester Police over a reported attack on a man in Hale. He was later released on bail.
    Police said the man was attacked on Christmas Eve.
    Mr Richards joined Manchester City from Oldham Athletic as a 14-year-old and signed a new contract with the club in February last year.
    A spokesman for Greater Manchester Police said: "A 20-year-old man has been arrested after an assault outside a Hale nightclub, at about 0030 GMT on 24 December 2008.
    "The man was arrested on suspicion of section 47 assault by appointment on Wednesday 4 February.
    "He has been bailed until 8 April pending further inquiries."
    Meanwhile, Manchester City manager Mark Hughes said the club were "very supportive" of their player.
    Hughes added: "He went to the police station in a pre-arranged appointment. "It is an ongoing situation, we are aware of that and we are supportive of him." Hughes also said the footballer was in "the right frame of mind" to feature in the club's home game against Middlesbrough on Saturday.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Unfortunately thats the norm in England,when you are a superstar its almost impossible to go out,there is always someone trying to have a swing at you.
    It's not like Jamaica where for example Usain Bolt could go out and enjoy himself and people leave him alone.Here the ballers have to live like recluse.

Comment

Maybe they should hang out at a less risky place like Stringfellows.
      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Part of the problem is many of the ballas are roudy tugs.

I know some fine ladies who tell me when footballer come in a club and they are present, they are heading out because some of them have no behavior and want to do all kinda things.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

not just footballers, nflers, mlbers only mlsers don't get into that kinda jam...wonder why? they don't make enough money? they tend to come from middleclass homes? let's face it in america it is a middle class sport elsewhere....favelas, barrios, ghettos and generally the poorer classes see it as a way out.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Young rich men sometimes get out of control when dem go drinking. Marlon King likes to grab women's bottoms.
            Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

yes a lot of them.

Funny thing is the MLSers behave a little better as most of them are really people who actually had to study in college and was not pampered as much. I hear one US sportcaster sawing the soccer players he met were all intelligent and good citizens and I smiled and said that is in America as most were actually forced to go to college and many if they didn't behave in college they would be out.

Now it might be changing though.

Comment

Working...
              X