Quote from Becks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quote from Becks

"To be given the chance again to play at this level at my age is pretty incredible and I've enjoyed it so much I would like to continue it. I think people have seen the way I've been since playing at this level again."
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Best thing MLS can do is cash in on a transfer and go and get another few big name players who cost less than beckham, but will put people in seats.

Comment

yeah they may as well cash in. However who them a go get? Zidane already give it up, them try Denilson, and them already have Blanco. Maybe them can try fi KaKa.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
        Best thing MLS can do is cash in on a transfer and go and get another few big name players who cost less than beckham, but will put people in seats.
        Like who ? the only name that comes to mind who is even close is Thierry Henry, he has a desire to play in the US but I don't think he is ready yet.

His marketing power is no where close to Beckham but because of Gillette he has a name here in some circles.

Frankly I want to see the MLS succeed because for countries like JA who have players on the fringes that find it hard to get to Europe the MLS is the best alternative. So Beckham is a good asset for them to have and keep.

Comment

So what you suggest? It is going to get ugly and I don't see Becks coming back here. He is trying to be a gentleman but he is planning on staying in Milan.

The best them can do is make a deal to get him back after the world cup.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
            So what you suggest? It is going to get ugly and I don't see Becks coming back here. He is trying to be a gentleman but he is planning on staying in Milan.

The best them can do is make a deal to get him back after the world cup.
            From a football perspective I don't think Beckham fits that Galaxy team well and Arena's style of play is a very simple pass and move total football kinda thing, Beck's does'nt play like that, from a business and marketing perspective it's the best thing that has happened to the league ever.

It's all up to Beck's.

Comment

yeah I am happy for the profile that he has given the league, I just haven't enjoyed seeing him play in the MLS. For the marketing power and profile of the league I also hope he stayed but when he takes a look how he is playing now and contributing I doubt he will want to come back right now.

Yes it is up to him and his advisors but something tell me they want to milk a few more years out of him as the global brand instead of riding away in the MLS sunset. I personally think he is good as gone for now.

Nice chap still.

Comment

If he doesn't want to be there, doesn't make sense to have him. Cash in and bring more like Schelloto, Pablo Angel, Javier Morales, Christian Gomez etc. Bring in more like those and keep the likes of Sacha and the standard would be much higher.

Comment

some of those players have failed badly like the white hair defender from LA and Denilsen, along with Lothar Mathieus. Big chance but I don't know if they have any choice. Most of those players have very limited appeal as well. I guess the execs have their work cut out.

Comment

I am not suggesting to bring in any Lothar and players who are WAY past it. Denilson did not work out, but many others did. The brand that they are building now is decent and they are headed in the right direction.

Comment

they are doing an ok job but the focus need to be more on youth talent and building them because only them can really make the league an exciting one. When I speak of youth talent, not just American ones but from all over.

Comment

Success of the MLS is not tied to Becks at this time and will never be tied to one player.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                          "To be given the chance again to play at this level at my age is pretty incredible and I've enjoyed it so much I would like to continue it. I think people have seen the way I've been since playing at this level again."
                          I think it would have been best if he had kept quiet and allow his lawyers, La Galaxy and Milan to work this out.
                          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

why? he was been pressured from all angle. From Milan and their fans and MLS wanted to hear what he had to say and Milan wanted him to put more pressure on MLS cause they want a cheaper deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Scaly View Post
                              From a football perspective I don't think Beckham fits that Galaxy team well and Arena's style of play is a very simple pass and move total football kinda thing, Beck's does'nt play like that, from a business and marketing perspective it's the best thing that has happened to the league ever.

It's all up to Beck's.
                              Hail up!

Yuh been away too long, mi spar!
                              ManU has always played that way...sure they always had the 'bruk-a man, carri di ball types' like Georgie Best...and now Ronaldo...but pass and move has always been their game...and Becks was once a big part of ManU!
                              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                              X