X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garber willing to discuss Beckham with Milan

Garber willing to discuss Beckham with Milan

By Zac Lee Rigg, Special to SI.com, Goal.com

David Beckham has been in the middle of a tug-of-words between the LA Galaxy and AC Milan recently. MLS commissioner Don Garber has expressed a willingness to discuss the Englishman's future with the Italian giants.
    Galaxy head coach and general manager Bruce Arena reacted testily and firmly to quotes from AC Milan that it would like to sign Los Angeles' star player, David Beckham, to a permanent deal.
    Major League Soccer commissioner Don Garber, however, was more lenient, admitting that MLS would discuss Beckham's future with the Italian club under the right circumstances.
    "It depends on what it is they're looking to do," said Garber. "We think David has been an important part of our league and a great ambassador and I hope that he stays in Major League Soccer for an extended period of time. If it's something that makes sense for him and the Galaxy we'll certainly be supportive of that, but it's way too premature to comment."
    Beckham is on loan with Milan until March 8, when he is expected back state-side to prepare for the 2009 MLS season. Thus far he has played three games for Milan, scoring one goal.
    Reports suggest Milan could pry the 33-year-old England international away from L.A. for as low as $6.4 million, a sum Garber brushed aside out-of-hand.
    "That wouldn't be something we would even remotely consider," Garber said. "Jozy Altidore signed for $10 million, so..."
    Altidore made the move from the New York Red Bulls to Spanish side Villarreal for that figure last summer, and was MLS's record sale.
    Milan has yet to contact Major League Soccer or the L.A. Galaxy about a permanent move.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

When you buy puss in a bag, instead of getting upset or holding on to it too tight, or even dashing it away, you must instead pretend like it is worth a whole heap and bandoolu someone fi pay big $$$ fi it.
    "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

Working...
    X