Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No certification, no coaching....

http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/glean...s/sports8.html

I am not pleased at all with this mandate coming from the JFF.

It is my understanding that if you do not attend this football coaching school at Utech and is able to pass the courses there you will not be allowed to assign your name to the match card as the coach of your respective team.

Well here is the problem, what the hell is the role of GC Foster College?

Football is one of the courses that the students go into depth as a requirement to pass the course. From the History of the game, to the rules of the game where no stones is unturned as the lecturers make sure that every single rule is discussed and analyzed. Then there is team preparation and training for all of the systems such as principles of attack and defense in formation. Not to mention the breaking down and explaining the mechanics of the technical skills of ball control and passing (kicking). Also there is the teaching of the sciences of why the human body react as they do. Then at the degree level the students are put even further into the sport as they learn how to manage the sport.

As far as I know, the level at which the lecturers take the students at GC Foster is far deeper than what will be offered at this coaching school. Just the sciences alone makes your head spin if your not too keen on science and you have to pass them to progress along in attaining your diploma or degree.
    But yet still after doing all of the above at GC Foster , you have to enroll at the coaching school located at UTECH, do the courses which are a repeat of the courses offered at GC, and I am sure will not go as deep, just in order to be allowed to coach your school or community team.

The least that can be done is that every student who graduate from GC Foster at the diploma level should be accredited from the JFF with a level one coaching certificate and those who posses a degree, a level two certification.
    Last edited by DiGlor; January 27, 2009, 10:10 AM. Reason: grammer

maybe all that is needed is some clarification from the JFF.

I don't think if you a have a US A license or a European License you will need to attend any course.

I think this my the JFF is the minimum.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I am sure the JFF must have made the GC Foster students doing such a course exempt
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Football coaching school opens doors
        Sean Williams
        Tuesday, January 27, 2009

In a bid to fulfil its mandate to improve the sport of football at all levels, the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) has made a step in that direction with the launching of the long-awaited coaching school at the Lillians Restaurant in Kingston yesterday.

The school - a joint venture project with the University of Technology (UTech) - will seek to upgrade the skills of coaches right across the board. To be located at UTech's campus on Hope Road, the school will offer courses at the entry level and for coaches practising formally or informally.

The first batch of 40 students - mostly coaches functioning at school level - will begin a six-week course on February 7 to be conducted on weekends only. Those successfully passing their examinations will be awarded Advanced Level One certification.

Chairman of the JFF Technical Committee and an architect of the school, Howard McIntosh, outlined that the course will be broken down into two segments - basic coaching sciences and technical football preparation and laws of the game - each to run for 30 hours. Classes will be held from 9:00 am-5:00 pm on Saturdays and 9:00 am-1:00 pm on Sundays.
        Lecturers have been drawn from UTech and the JFF Technical Committee's pool of certified instructors.

Meanwhile, president of the JFF, Captain Horace Burrell - in addressing yesterday's function - said the realisation of what will be officially known as the JFF/UTech Coaching School was a priceless moment in time in the life of Jamaica's football.

"Today is not only historic, but extremely significant for the tremendous possibilities that are ahead in the development of Jamaica's football," he said.
        "The coaching school is responsible to develop uniformity in knowledge and approach to coaching on par with international certification standards. Also, to ensure there is a proper outlet whereby coaches can seek continuing education and upgrade their technical capacities... and no one will be able to coach in Jamaica unless certified by the JFF," Burrell noted.

For those who played integral roles in the conceptualising and formation of the school, Burrell had high praises. "I commend Dr Winston Dawes, the JFF Technical Committee led by Howard McIntosh, as well as UTech's Dr Colin Gyles and Professor Errol Morrison for the quality and volume of work that went into the planning and preparation," he said.

Dr Dawes will be the school's co-ordinator.

The federation has declared 2009 as the year to strengthen the foundation for the long-term growth of football, and in addition to the coaching school, an "extensive development programme in administration" will be launched in a few months' time.

Also, the referees development programme "will intensify" following the success of the FIFA course staged last September.

"There are four critical areas that drive the development of the sport on a sustainable basis - administration, coaching, refereeing and facilities - and we intend to see sustainable upgrading programmes in all areas," said Burrell.

Also attending yesterday's launch were JFF general secretary Horace Reid, JFF vice-president Bruce Gaynor, principal of UTech Professor Morrison, Pro-vice chancellor at UTech and chairman of the Premier League Clubs Association (PLCA) Edward Seaga. Allie McNab, an advisor to the sports ministry, represented the Minister of Sports, Olivia Grange.
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

nother way for el capitan to make money. smartest business man jamaica has ever seen.

Comment

Working...
          X