X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liverpool can win title - Mourinho

Liverpool can win title - Mourinho

3 hours ago
    Former Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho believes Liverpool possess "everything they need" to claim the Barclays Premier League title this season.
    Rafael Benitez's Reds sit second in the league, level on points with leaders Manchester United but behind on goal difference having also played one game more.
    "It has been interesting watching Liverpool this season," Mourinho wrote in the Sunday Telegraph. "I think they have everything they need to win the title."
    While firmly in the title race, Liverpool have been guilty of squandering points at home to less-fancied opposition this season, but Mourinho, now the boss of Inter Milan, believes they can keep their championship challenge on track.
    "I still can't understand why they didn't do it in the last four years. Why wouldn't they be able to do it this season? Of course they can," he added.
    "The manager is good, the players are good, the crowd is unique, the tradition of the club is big, so why can't they do it? I think they can."
    Mourinho warned, however, that the resumption of the Champions League at the end of next month could again be a distraction for the Anfield club.
    "Usually it is when the Champions League starts that they lose their focus on the Premier League," he continued. "It was like this in previous years when they did very well in the Champions League but they lost too many points in the championship.
    "They have already lost 10 points at home by drawing the kind of matches they used to win. Against Stoke, Fulham, West Ham, Hull and Everton it has been two points lost. So if you can imagine that they had those 10 points now, they would be top of the league
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Interesting comments from Mourinho, no mention of his former team, a subtle diss?
    It was a terrible early season for Man U, and at this point(Liverpool trailing by all accounts)it is amazing how people are glorifying Liverpool's season.
    It is testimony to the greatness of Man U.
    We are going to win the EPL with our B team.

Blessed

Comment

Jose nuh have him job fi worry bout? How him inna the England man dem business so. Every two day him have a comment and can travel go a game a England when him want.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

.....and X is the tooth fairy.
        "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

Well, that's all you have...a "B" team...and what exactly does "glorifying Liverpool" mean? Don't you Manurians worship at the altar of SLur Alex et al on a virtual day to day basis....talk about a pot calling the kettle black... You guys make the most cryptic comments!
          Last edited by Peter R; January 25, 2009, 07:57 PM.
          Peter R

Comment

Peter R, "...to the victors go the spoils..." When you win, you are glorified and deified. When you lose, even by the slimmest of margins, you can be parodied. On this forum we do it in a benign way, totally in jest and not in any mean spirit. At least I speak for most of us, definitely not all of us. We would never be as mean as Hogan's Heroes, which made the Nazis appear totally inept, and the Allies appear to be totally brilliant. Of course the Nazis were evil, but not inept.

Now, regarding Raffa Benitez, he has some real problems. So he definitely picked the wrong time to say the things he has been saying recently. You would have to be an ostrich with head in the sand if you were not able to see that Liverpool is currently sputtering and they dont have the level of injuries that Man U has. They do not look the part that they looked at the beginning of the season. Today's result is just another sign. Regardless of Raffa's successes elsewhere, I believe he knows he will be gone at the end of this season or before the end of next season if he does not win a big title this year.

Comment

Well, I dont come from St Thomas, but I have ancestors who hailed from there. I dont have to read tea leaves, check the stars or the moon. But if Raffa comes third, they wont wait til the summer or next season to fire him. He will be let go by the day after the Prem season ends.

It is now people are going to mouth him. And when Chelski beat him this weekend, dem gwine need fi Baker Act him for his own safety; that is, to protect him from himself.

Comment

Working...
              X