Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA defeats Sweden 3-2 in friendly

Kljestan's hat trick leads U.S. past Sweden

Midfielder Sacha Kljestan scored a hat trick, including his first international goal, to lead the United States over Sweden 3-2 in an international friendly Saturday.

Making his 12th international appearance, Kljestan, 23, beat Sweden goalkeeper Johan Dahlin with a free kick in the 17th minute, then converted a penalty in the 40th following a foul on Marvell Wynne by Adam Johansson.

After Daniel Nannskog scored for Sweden on a diving header in the 73rd minute, Kljestan found the net on a pass from Brian Ching a minute later to seal the win for the Americans with a 10-meter shot.

(continue)
    "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
    - Xavi

the side started by Sweden in the first half is a poor one. In the second half Sweden put in some of their better players and it showed.

Only people who impressed me on the US side was clarke and ofcourse the goalscorer. Wynne was ok offensively but he needs to get back quick or he will be burned.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Sacha Kljestan is a solid player who should try to get out of MLS as quickly as possible.

Comment

Kljestan steals the show with stellar display

Sacha Kljestan, join Aldo "Buff" Donelli.

Saturday evening at the Home Depot Center, Kljestan joined Donelli as the only American players to get their first goal with the national team as part of a hat trick.

Kljestan's three goals provided the difference as the United States topped Sweden 3-2 in a friendly that showcased the national team's younger players.

(continue)
        "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
        - Xavi

Comment

Working...
        X