OCS injects $100,000 into NPL side Naggo Head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCS injects $100,000 into NPL side Naggo Head

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><SPAN class=TopStory>OCS injects $100,000 into NPL side Naggo Head</SPAN>
    <SPAN class=Subheadline></SPAN></TD></TR><TR><TD>BEV MELBOURNE
    Thursday, November 09, 2006
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width=350 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD><SPAN class=Description>Peter Moo Young (right), general manager of OCS Electrical Company Ltd, hands over a cheque of $100,000 to Naggo Head's Vivian Mathews (centre) while OCS director Edwardo Neal looks on last Monday at Slipe Road.</SPAN></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><P class=StoryText align=justify>Peter Moo Young, general manager of the OCS Electrical Company, handed over a cheque worth $100,000 to Vivian Mathews, the manager of struggling National Premier League (NPL) team Naggo Head, at the company's head office on Slipe Road on Monday.<P class=StoryText align=justify>The cheque is part of a commitment for $500,000, with the remainder to be handed over on a monthly basis to the team during the competition.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Moo Young, who is no stranger to sport, is the reigning captain of the national table tennis squad and is rated the top TT player in the island.<P class=StoryText align=justify>He told the Observer that based on how Mathews presented himself to the company, they decided to go on board and assist in this sponsorship.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"Mathews presented himself very well relating to the situation of his team. We're a sports-friendly company so we thought we should be a part of the success of the team. We're sponsoring football for the first time, but have sponsored table tennis, squash and cricket before," he said.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"Naggo Head is a community team and our business operates as a community, therefore we can identify with the team. We're impressed with the vision that the management has for the team and after completing this $500,000 sponsorship it will be extended," Moo Young said.
    A smiling Mathews said he welcomed the sponsorship as it will help his team a lot.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"I feel good about this sponsorship and I welcome it. This is what helps clubs as without these forms of assistance... players will not be comfortable... to be able to perform at their very best.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"Right now, I'm on the road seeking more and more sponsors as I'm desperate to keep my team in the league after struggling for so long to reach this level.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"Money and football equipment are priority for my club at this time and I want the businesses in and around Portmore to look out for me; I'm coming at them as I need their help," he said.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Mathews thanked OCS and said he would ensure the company gets its money's worth.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Naggo Head, one of the newly promoted teams in the National Premier League, have been struggling to avoid relegation. To date, they have not won any matches, but have drawn most of their games.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

RE: OCS injects $100,000 into NPL side Naggo Head

big up mi school mate!<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=9 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__c tl1_trRow1><TD class=TableCell_Dark id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__c tl1_tdPostCell1 width="24%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=SmallTxt width="80%"><DIV id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__c tl1_smAuthorName_SimpleMenuDivLayer style="DISPLAY: inline" &#111;nclick="InstantASP_OpenMenu('_ctl1_ctlTopic_ ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl1_smAuthorName', '_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl 1_smAuthorName_SimpleMenuDivLayer','<table width=100% class=PanelBar_OuterTable cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0><tr><td><table width=100% cellspacing=1 cellpadding=7><tr><td class=TableCell_Light>View Member\'s Profile</tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light>Add to Buddy List</tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butSendPrivateMessage\',\'49\' ); &#111;nmouseover=\'&#119;indow.status=&#119;indow. location;return true;\'; &#111;nmouseout=&#119;indow.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Send Private Message\'>Send Private Message</a></tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butSendEmail\',\'49\'); &#111;nmouseover=\'&#119;indow.status=&#119;indow. location;return true;\'; &#111;nmouseout=&#119;indow.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Send Email To Member\'>Send Email To Member</a></tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butShowMemberPosts\',\'49\'); &#111;nmouseover=\'&#119;indow.status=&#119;indow. location;return true;\'; &#111;nmouseout=&#119;indow.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Find All Member\s Posts\'>Find All Member\'s Posts</a></tr></td></tr></table></td></tr></table>','165px');" &#111;nmouseover="InstantASP_OpenMenuMouseOver('_c tl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl1_s mAuthorName','_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopics Repeater__ctl1_smAuthorName_SimpleMenuDivLayer','< table width=100% class=PanelBar_OuterTable cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0><tr><td><table width=100% cellspacing=1 cellpadding=7><tr><td class=TableCell_Light>View Member\'s Profile</tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light>Add to Buddy List</tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butSendPrivateMessage\',\'49\' ); &#111;nmouseover=\'&#119;indow.status=&#119;indow. location;return true;\'; &#111;nmouseout=&#119;indow.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Send Private Message\'>Send Private Message</a></tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butSendEmail\',\'49\'); &#111;nmouseover=\'&#119;indow.status=&#119;indow. location;return true;\'; &#111;nmouseout=&#119;indow.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Send Email To Member\'>Send Email To Member</a></tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butShowMemberPosts\',\'49\'); &#111;nmouseover=\'&#119;indow.status=&#119;indow. location;return true;\'; &#111;nmouseout=&#119;indow.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Find All Member\s Posts\'>Find All Member\'s Posts</a></tr></td></tr></table></td></tr></table>','165px');">Assasin</DIV><NOSCRIPT>Assasin</NOSCRIPT></TD><TD class=SmallTxt noWrap align=right width="20%"><A class=SmlLinks id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__c tl1_hypIPAddress title
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
    X