Trash talk aside, Peter R made an excellent point today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trash talk aside, Peter R made an excellent point today

Liverpool FC is a very good team that needs to work on its focus from whistle to whistle. As much as I love Man U and like to talk trash, there was no good reason why Liverpool should not have held on to win today. I think all the Premiership winners in the last 10 years have gone through this.

Arsenal got nipped by Man U in unbelievable manners to lose matches. I also remember the final day of a season when Jimmy Floyd H scored to keep them from winning the match and winning the Prem. But they overcame in subsequent seasons to have total focus for total clock time to win and even win the double.

Chelsea could beat Man U 5 love but for many seasons they could not hang on to win or preserve a draw when it counted most. Mourinho got them to focus and believe they could win with even 1 minute left on the clock and they won and everyone feared them and believed Chelsea could always undo a deficit.

Believe it, PR. I tell you that the KOP's problem is not about the team they put on the field. I agree with you. They must learn to focus, on and off the field, players and management. They can allow themselves to be distracted or even worse, they cannot distract themselves. When they learn this, they will win!

The adavantage Man U has is not in the individual players. It is in the experience of management and the system. They focus when it counts. And Raffa is right. They will even create distractions for others. So if Raffa knows that, why didn't he get it?
    "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Top teams are mentally strong and don't let the psychological distractions get in the way...Rafa should leave the chat to the Sir Alexes and the Mourinhos of the world and quietly go about his business. I'm not happy when the coach leaves the road he was on to try and copy what other coaches do...
    Peter R

Comment

I support Rafa a 100 % in bashing Fergie , It achieved its objective in that a special eye must be put on Man u in every game , if Fergie launched that tirade 1st Fergie would be a genius and Rafa an idiot.

Mourinho did the same thing in his 1st season complaining how Man u got breaks.

Spot on Rafa, as for this focus you claim we dont have its too early to talk for me.I will hold my toungue until the season is over.I have faith in a man that has won 3 C.L titles and been to 4 CL finals.
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
        I support Rafa a 100 % in bashing Fergie , It achieved its objective in that a special eye must be put on Man u in every game , if Fergie launched that tirade 1st Fergie would be a genius and Rafa an idiot.

Mourinho did the same thing in his 1st season complaining how Man u got breaks.

Spot on Rafa, as for this focus you claim we dont have its too early to talk for me.I will hold my toungue until the season is over.I have faith in a man that has won 3 C.L titles and been to 4 CL finals.
        Last I checked Jose won 2 EPL titles, Fergie won 10 ... how many Rafa win? First rule of mind games, don't engage an opposing coach then fail to back it up on the field.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Last time I checked when Jose won he had billions to play with and Fergie had 100 of millions , liverpool has been in a credit crunch since the yanks bought us or before the world has declared a recesion.

You and others really buy into this media crap about Rafa entering unchartered waters (mind games ) he had a running one with Jose.Ignored Fergie for most of his EPL life.Its time to get into it with Fergie, this is our sesaon.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
            Last time I checked when Jose won he had billions to play with and Fergie had 100 of millions , liverpool has been in a credit crunch since the yanks bought us or before the world has declared a recesion.

You and others really buy into this media crap about Rafa entering unchartered waters (mind games ) he had a running one with Jose.Ignored Fergie for most of his EPL life.Its time to get into it with Fergie, this is our sesaon.
            Irrespective of the excuses .. Jose won! Manchester was able to spend millions not because of hand outs that you're looking for but because of how smartly the club was managed.

Again, Rafa may have had one with Jose, but Jose won 2 EPL titles. Jose a tek up what him cannot manage. See him run off him mouth gainst the Empire and dropped 4 points in the process.
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

x, yuh cannot come to a gunfight with a ratchet knife......

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

You should know , the fight has just started for me , from what I see it was over for you back in October.

I will know by the end of the season.

Comment

"I will hold my toungue until the season is over."

Heheh.... now that your team is behind the eigth ball all of a sudden yuh waan talk bout hold tongue............(kiss teet). Yuh betta stand up front and center and tek yuh licks!!! Your Livafool train has jumped the track son.
                  Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

That was a typo

Comment

Oh...it betta be!!!! Cause come May you will receive your 10 lashes!!!!! TITLE # 10
                      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Excuse me. Since he opened his mouth, he has faltered and Fergie has ascended. You obviously confused those facts.

Comment

Please! You been out front rounding up your mouth all season and now you get LICK. You putting up a brave face but we know you fretting like hell. We have been through this exact thing with Karl over the years so that is why this is so humorous.

You are a good sport....you and Peter R. You are able to take the mouthing without getting upset and without getting personal. Man U has come from the ninth spot in the second half the season to win. While I am sure the ninth spot cannot win this year, when Champs League, FA Cup, Carling Cup, Prem and International duty are all thrown in, any card can play. But experience, depth and proper player rotation will win out.

Have a good day.

Comment

Den when?

Comment

exactly....i do know. mi nuh shame! wenger offloaded too many key players given the long term injuries to eduardo and rosicky... flamini especially was a key loss.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                              X