Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex-Arsenal youth player Zakuani goes 1st in MLS draft

Zakuani makes history as Seattle's first-ever draft pick

Seattle's notoriously icky weather isn't likely to bother Steve Zakuani one bit.

"It's a lot like London, from what I've heard," the University of Akron's prolific striker said with a nervous laugh Thursday, just moments after joining the elite fraternity of No. 1 selections in Major League Soccer's annual draft.

So the London-born Zakuani not only made history as the expansion Seattle Sounders' initial draft pick, he inherited the bonus of employment in a city that reminds him of home.

(continue)
    "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
    - Xavi

Never saw him play but from the clips I saw and from what I read about him, I didn't think he would be the choice for # 1. Surprised? Yes!

Other surprises:
    *Obrien white falling out of the top 3 to land at # 4.
    *Baggio Husidic (of UChicago) slipping way down to the second round.
    *Akeem Priestly, inspite of an unimpressive display at the Combines, also slipping down to the 50's.
    "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Working...
    X