• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zeppo you slipping

Donovan scores in exhibition win for Bayern

ESPNsoccernet news services

January 12, 2009

Bayern Munich continued its Middle East-tour with a 3-1 exhibition defeat of Al-Wehda in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. U.S. forward Landon Donovan, on loan from the Los Angeles Galaxy of MLS, notched his first goal for Bayern. Franck Ribery and Tim Borowski struck in the first half to give Bayern the lead, before Al Kuwaikabi scored a superb individual goal in the 53rd minute to pull one back for Al-Wehda.
    Donovan sealed the win for Bayern with a late goal in the 91st minute, controlling a high pass at the top of the box before turning and firing low into the corner of the net.
    "That was a nice goal," Bayern coach Juergen Klinsmann told reporters after the game. "It will give [Donovan] a boost."
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

I was away from the site for a few days, so it's good to know you had my back, Assasin!

"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
    - Xavi

Comment

Donovan Scores Again!
      "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
      - Xavi

Comment

YAY!!!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Bayern Munich beats Mainz 0-5 in their latest winter break friendly. Donovan scores 2 goals.

0-3 Donovan

0-5 Donovan

- Xavi

Comment

Originally posted by Zeppo View Post
            Bayern Munich beats Mainz 0-5 in their latest winter break friendly. Donovan scores 2 goals.

0-3 Donovan

0-5 Donovan

Does your US news service ever stop?
            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

...the folks who thought Donovan was no good are very quiet...

(I am going to call out each of the anti-Donovan posters...SHORTLY).
              The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

HL nobody though Donovan was no good.

People hated his guts as he ran home twice. Can you imagine if he was in Germany for the last 6 years what kind of player he would be today?

good to see he took up the challenge still, better late than never
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

him bettah mek dis yah time a charm, kah a di third bite ah di said cherry dis. Him lucky nuh whatsitnot. Him hab nuff more experiance yah now still suh tings might wuk out
                  Last edited by myYout; January 23, 2009, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X