Warlord explain yourself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warlord explain yourself

How you call a man with 81 EPL goals and 5 England caps a championship player?

You can't just spew these things here and expect to get away.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
    How you call a man with 81 EPL goals and 5 England caps a championship player?

You can't just spew these things here and expect to get away.

Beattie had only 1 good season that was very productive and that was at Southampton in 02/03 season where he scored 23 goals. Outside of that he hasnt been a household name when he's been in the premiership. He spent 7 years at Southampton and 2 years at Everton.

68 goals in 204 appearances for Southampton (7 yrs) and 13 goals in 76 appearances for Everton( 2yrs)

And your point about a championship player getting called to the england set up. I seem to remember one Andrew Johnson playing championship football a few seasons back that got called up to England A team
    Last edited by Warlord; January 14, 2009, 05:03 PM.

Comment

johnson got one call and johnson at championship and soon he was in the EPL.

Beattie score 81 goals in the EPL. How do you have one good season and score 81 goals? plus at one stage he was injured.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

[quote=Assasin;147786]

johnson got one call and johnson at championship and soon he was in the EPL.
        He did play in the championship for Palace at the time of the England call up.

Beattie score 81 goals in the EPL. How do you have one good season and score 81 goals? plus at one stage he was injured.
        Its simple. Beattie spent seven years at St Mary's like I stated earlier. One season where he was extremely productive 23 goals.Do the math on the other seasons including the additional 2 yrs at everton and you'll get your answer.
        Last edited by Warlord; January 14, 2009, 08:52 PM.

Comment

LOL. This fellow warlord is so hilarious.

I don't like Beattie at all as a player and have my doubts about how well he can do in the EPL given his injuries and age, but he was definitely a EPL level forward. He had 3-4 years of good EPL production.

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post

I don't like Beattie at all as a player and have my doubts about how well he can do in the EPL given his injuries and age, but he was definitely a EPL level forward. He had 3-4 years of good EPL production.
            If he was that productive over the 3-4 yrs as you claim why wasnt he picked up by a top level club? Who's hilarious now? He was a decent striker but nothin to brag about.

Comment

Originally posted by Warlord View Post
              If he was that productive over the 3-4 yrs as you claim why wasnt he picked up by a top level club? Who's hilarious now? He was a decent striker but nothin to brag about.
              lol.

He performed well at Southampton and that is why Everton picked him up.

You obviously don't understand that being an EPL level striker and productive does not mean that you have to play for Arsenal, Manu and company.

He had more than one good EPL season, so stop making things up.

Oh, I forgot that your experience is usually from Wiki.

Comment

By the way, scoring 23 goal is not a good season, it is a great season.

Few players can ever dream about it.

like you me i am not so sold on Beattie and what he will do we will see but you can't take away what he has done in his career.

Comment

lol.

He performed well at Southampton and that is why Everton picked him up.

You obviously don't understand that being an EPL level striker and productive does not mean that you have to play for Arsenal, Manu and company.

He had more than one good EPL season, so stop making things up.

Oh, I forgot that your experience is usually from Wiki.

EPL level strikers dont usually drop down a division or two unless they get relegated with their team or they're sold to a team in a lower div. No one said anything that being an EPl level striker means you have to play for a team in the top 6. Beattie was an average striker in the premiership. He was nothing special. Kevin Phillips was a much better striker than Beattie and their are other names I can call at that time.

Comment

Originally posted by Warlord View Post
                    EPL level strikers dont usually drop down a division or two unless they get relegated with their team or they're sold to a team in a lower div. No one said anything that being an EPl level striker means you have to play for a team in the top 6. Beattie was an average striker in the premiership. He was nothing special. Kevin Phillips was a much better striker than Beattie and their are other names I can call at that time.
                    Okay Kevin Phillips was better and so were others. That still does not mean he was not an EPL level striker.

James Beattie was productive in the EPL, so stop trying to make it seem like is only one good season the man had. As usualy you are all over the place after making a shady statement.

Comment

You are right, he is a fellow!

Comment

yow, mi cant believe say unnuh still a tek this yute serious. look how long mi a tell unnuh say a heediat. unnuh might as well have debate wid madman a road.

Comment

"unnuh might as well have debate wid madman a road."

yow Paw you a hit out hard since wha day.

Seems like you a hang out wid the firemarshall

Comment

Originally posted by Lionpaw View Post
                            yow, mi cant believe say unnuh still a tek this yute serious. look how long mi a tell unnuh say a heediat. unnuh might as well have debate wid madman a road.

Must be that time of the month for you isnt it? can sumbody spell estrogen?

Comment

Originally posted by Lionpaw View Post
                              \

TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Working...
                              X