Benitez launches incredible attack on Fergie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benitez launches incredible attack on Fergie

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has launched an astonishing attack on his Manchester United counterpart Sir Alex Ferguson.

The Spaniard claimed United boss Ferguson is ''the only manager who will not be punished'' for outspoken attacks on referees at a press conference ahead of Liverpool's trip to Stoke this weekend.

Benitez claimed: ''We had a meeting in Manchester with managers and the Football Association about the respect campaign.

''And I was very clear, forget the campaign because Mr Ferguson was killing the referees, killing Mr (Martin) Atkinson, killing Mr (Keith) Hackett.''

Benitez is clearly irked by the lenient way he sees Ferguson treated by the FA, and was especially angry about Ferguson's observations about the Premier League fixture programme.

''Two years ago we were playing a lot of early kick-offs away on Saturdays when United were playing on Sundays. And we didn't say anything,'' he said.

"Now he is complaining about everything, that everybody is against United. But the second half of the season will see them playing at home against all the teams at the top of the table, it is a fantastic advantage.

''There is another option,'' he added. ''That Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.''

Benitez also feels that Ferguson's suggestion that Liverpool can not handle the pressure at the top of the table is only an example of the Scot's infamous psychological tricks.

"I was surprised but I have to talk about facts," he added. "I think that is important. I think they (United) are nervous because we are at the top of the table.

"I want to be clear. I don't want to play mind games too early and I think that they want to start."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...607965&cc=5901
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Fire deh a moos moos tail? X, it sound as if Rafa a crack under pressure.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

maybe it i an attack...but why is it "incredible"?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

How does the rest of the proverb go, Lazie?

Mrs. Malaprop herself!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Just because it was Benitez who said it. He is not a warboat like some other coaches.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
            maybe it i an attack...but why is it "incredible"?
            Well, maybe its incredibly similiar to Kevin Keegan's outburst.

Comment

It must be a Liverpool thing. Rafa being petty.

"At Christmas time, United played on the 29th instead of the 28th, I don't know why. The rest of the teams didn't and we played away at Newcastle 42-44 hours after Bolton at home. He was not complaining this day or thinking about this."

Amazingly Rafa missed that last season, most of the teams played on Dec 29th Liverpool played against Man City on the 30th. Suh what is he fussing about? As a matter of fact, aren't Monday games the norm? Rafa simply a panic already? I recall a few season back Courtney and Westman mocking Arsenal fans about Big Slide, maybe Rafa smell the rat.

Comment

Hey, Mr. President, the man haffi protect him job. When them lose the race, the blame will fall squarely on his shoulders. There will be noone else to blame. He has never been in this position before, so it's call premptive strike. Man a fret!!!! Weh X deh?!!!
                Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Rafa playing head games with Fergie.

January 10, 2009

Sir Alex Ferguson is 'above law,' claims angry Rafael Benitez

(AP/Paul Thomas)

Rafael Benitez produced a list to back up his criticisms of Sir Alex Ferguson

Oliver Kay, Football Correspondent

div#related-article-links p a, div#related-article-links p a:visited {color:#06c;}The phoney war in the Barclays Premier League title race gave way to full-scale psychological conflict yesterday as Rafael Benítez, the Liverpool manager, embarked on a remarkable outburst aimed at Sir Alex Ferguson.
                  The Manchester United manager, whose team take on Chelsea tomorrow afternoon, took a pot-shot at Liverpool this week by questioning whether the league leaders could cope with the pressure, but Benítez responded with interest in a premeditated tirade, saying that Ferguson appears to be above the law.
                  The Spaniard even claimed that Luiz Felipe Scolari, the Chelsea manager, should “man-mark” Ferguson and his coaching staff at Old Trafford tomorrow to ensure that they cannot try to influence Howard Webb, the referee.
                  Reading from prepared notes, Benítez ran through a list of “facts” about the champions’ manager.
                  Related Links

“During the Respect campaign Mr Ferguson was charged by the FA with improper conduct after comments made against Martin Atkinson [the referee] and Keith Hackett [the general manager of Professional Game Match Officials Limited],” he said. “He was not punished. He is the only manager in the league that cannot be punished for these things.
                  “Then he was talking about the fixtures [complaining that the schedule is unfair to United]. Two years ago we were playing a lot of early kick-offs away on Saturdays when United were playing on Sundays. And we didn’t say anything. Now he is complaining that everybody is against United.”
                  He added, sarcastically, that one option would be that “Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain”.
                  Benítez was accused by some journalists of rising to Ferguson’s bait and falling for the “mind games” that famously drew an overemotional response from Kevin Keegan, the Newcastle United manager at the time, in the heat of the title race in the 1995-96 campaign. “We need to know that I am talking about facts, not my impression,” Benítez replied. “There are things that everyone can see.”
                  Ferguson indulged in a little psychological warfare of his own yesterday, talking of Chelsea’s “experienced” squad while lauding the youthful exuberance of his team, who beat the London club to the Premier League and the Champions League last season.
                  Speaking of the challenge to reclaim supremacy from Chelsea, who were bankrolled to two Premier League titles by Roman Abramovich, their billionaire owner, Ferguson said: “Our philosophy was to build a team that could last for years. Chelsea were spending money a different way.
                  “We didn’t have the same spending power as them, so we had to look at things a different way. And I think we did it the right way, in terms of what Manchester United is all about.”
                  Benítez, who took over at Anfield in June 2004, also expressed frustration at the hold-up in finalising his new contract. The Spaniard has reached an outline agreement over personal terms but, with his requests for greater control over transfer policy yet to be approved by the club’s American owners, Tom Hicks and George Gillett Jr, he has yet to receive a formal contract offer.
                  Benítez said: “My agent has not yet received any documents and he is a little disappointed. But OK, we will see what happens. I do not want to say too much at the moment.”
                  THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Prento! Word is Fergie sent a Psychologist fi guh evaluate Rafa. The way Rafa losing it, him claim Fergie nuh get punished, yet at the start of his 4 minutes rant he stated Fergie was banned for 2 games.

Things fall apart, Rafa cannot hold .....

Comment

Yuh nuh read well !

The Spaniard even claimed that Luiz Felipe Scolari, the Chelsea manager, should “man-mark” Ferguson and his coaching staff at Old Trafford tomorrow to ensure that they cannot try to influence Howard Webb, the referee.
                      Reading from prepared notes, Benítez ran through a list of “facts” about the champions’ manager.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
                        Yuh nuh read well !

Read what? I saw the video. Whosoever prepared those notes should be fired.

Comment

Watch again !

http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid1126121770/bctid6784704001

Comment

In my humble opinion, I believe this is Rafa's attempt to unsettle manure before the Chelski game. He knows that if manure beat Chelski, they will be in the ascendency. If they tie or lose, they will have a tough road in front of them to catch either Liverpool (or Chelski). Apart from the gamesmanship, it seems that others believe Rafa is right as well. http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...ngland&cc=5901

From my point of view, I think that anyone who watches the Prem is no stranger to Sir "Darth Vader" Alex's constant mind games. He has launched this against Liverpool all season - most recently, Michael Carrick commented on Liverpool dropping points. By contrast, if you look at how Liverpool (or even Chelsea's) players speak, the don't talk about other teams, but focus on what they have to do. Now, I am not saying this is an absolute, but rather that there seems to be more incidence of manure players commenting on other teams...but that's what happens when you're evil.
                            "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
                              In my humble opinion, I believe this is Rafa's attempt to unsettle manure before the Chelski game. He knows that if manure beat Chelski, they will be in the ascendency. If they tie or lose, they will have a tough road in front of them to catch either Liverpool (or Chelski). Apart from the gamesmanship, it seems that others believe Rafa is right as well. http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...ngland&cc=5901

From my point of view, I think that anyone who watches the Prem is no stranger to Sir "Darth Vader" Alex's constant mind games. He has launched this against Liverpool all season - most recently, Michael Carrick commented on Liverpool dropping points. By contrast, if you look at how Liverpool (or even Chelsea's) players speak, the don't talk about other teams, but focus on what they have to do. Now, I am not saying this is an absolute, but rather that there seems to be more incidence of manure players commenting on other teams...but that's what happens when you're evil.
                              Evil? LOL ... Happy New Year Paul.

Comment

Working...
                              X