Forum asleep about the U20 team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum asleep about the U20 team

Lots have been happening but no one posting or reporting. Games to start the end of the week and preparation was just completed. Just my opinion but again poor team training and preparation. We will find out about selection, which is also a bit strange.

Wishing them good luck to progress to the final round. Haiti will be their biggest competition in their first match.

Taken from www.jamaicaobserver.com

Four newcomers in U-20 squad for World Cup qualifiers
    Howard Walker, Observer staff reporter walkerh@jamaicaobserver.com
    Tuesday, January 06, 2009

New recruits to the national Under-20 squad, Shamar Shelton (right) and Robert Palmer going through their paces during training at St George's College yesterday. (Photo: Naphtali Junior)
    St George's College's star players Shamar Shelton and Kemal Malcolm, along with McKauly Tulloch of Kingston College, were included in the 20-man National Under-20 squad for the final round of Caribbean qualifying for the CONCACAF Under-20 Championship.
    Robert Palmer, former Calabar High winning captain, who later represented Jamaica College, but now out of Park University, also made the cut.
    The four were named in Jamaica's Under-20 squad which will depart the island tomorrow for St Vincent and the Grenadines.
    There was a surprise non-selection of Waterhouse forward Andre Clennon, who travelled with the team to Aruba in November.
    Clennon previously trained with the senior national team on numerous occasions.
    It is understood that he was woefully off form and did not impress the coaching staff.
    Shelton and Malcolm, both attacking players, formed a lethal strike partnership for St George's College which saw them winning the Manning Cup and the all-island Olivier Shield in the just-concluded schoolboy season.
    Tulloch was second to Malcolm in the leading goalscorer's chart. He scored six times in KC's 9-0 drubbing of Kingston High in the Manning Cup.
    Palmer - a versatile player who can operate both in midfield and defence - was brought in to bolster the team's rearguard.
    Prior to pursuing studies at Park University, Palmer captained Calabar High to the 2006 Manning Cup title then made the switch to Jamaica College, helping them to lift the crown in 2007.
    The Jamaicans, who are in pursuit of a berth for their second Under-20 World Cup finals, having qualified in 2001, are drawn with the host country, the Dominican Republic and Haiti.
    To keep their chances of achieving that feat, Jamaica must top the group. If they do, they advance to the CONCACAF round of qualifiers which takes place in Trinidad and Tobago in March.
    In the immediate qualifiers, they open their campaign on Friday against Haiti in the opening game of a double-header at 6:00 pm. St Vincent and the Grenadines will go up against the Dominican Republic in the feature two hours later.
    On Sunday Jamaica play their second game, again the opening encounter against the Dominican Republic before St Vincent and the Grenadines and Haiti go up against each other.
    Jamaica will close out the qualifiers in the feature game against the hosts next Tuesday at 8:00 pm following the opener between Haiti and the Dominican Republic, before returning home the following day.
    Full squad: GOALKEEPERS - Andre Blake (Clarendon College, Sporting Central Academy), Dennis Taylor (Reno FC); DEFENDERS - Linval Wilson (Reno FC), Andre Campbell (Portmore United), Andre Darby (Portmore United), Robert Palmer (Park University), Keithy Simpson (Sporting Central Academy), Levaughn Williams (Lennon, Sporting Central Academy), Christopher Banner (Sporting Central Academy); MIDFIELDERS - Romario Campbell (Harbour View), Andre Steele (Bridgeport High, HVFC), Theo Brown (Waterhouse FC), Kadian Wynter (Sporting Central Academy), Evan Taylor (Reno FC), Davion Thorpe (Reno FC); FORWARDS - Dever Orgill (Vancouver Whitecaps), McKauly Tulloch (Kingston College, HVFC), Shamar Shelton (St George's College, HVFC), Alonzo Adlam (Sporting Central Academy), and Kemal Malcolm (St George's College, Meadhaven FC)

So the thing set, if you no feed and elevate your mind then you will end up doing the same thing over and over again

In essence being trapped by your own mind

one have to be open to being taught by the experts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89R2H...eature=related

after we have attained humility then we can build a site like this below

http://www.adamari.net/main.php

as long as we think we can't and fail to research the current tools available in the market place to assist us then we will be stuck in the begging mode

Its all in the mind, once we open it to the possibility of asking "how can I?" then the answers will come but as long as we continually come up with reasons why we can't then we will stay in the same position.

Look at the difference between the JFF and the Bolt camp? One stagnated while the other grew. You reap what you sow and we can't blame the fans for becoming disenchanted.

Time fi get back to basics stop with the excuses and start elevating the mind as thats where it first starts.

time to sit at the feet of our local experts and build. Out with arrogance and in with humility

Comment

My spies in Ja told me this team has a lot of talent and should make it to Egypt. We have a deadly striker in Orgill and two gifted midfielders.

The team was in camp b4 christmas and should be in camp now.
      It would be a disappointment if we did not qualify.

But wait!! whe JR Doyley deh, he should be in this squad, unless he is injured.

Yard massive, please give an update on the u20
      Six days I work for my children, on the seventh day they work for me.
      Mitty

Comment

yeah my own tell me that there is a whole lot a talent inna the team. he told me that he likes the right back.

he expects big things.

john Ross is just recovering from injury so that explains his absence.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
        X