Tevez unhappy over United contract saga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tevez unhappy over United contract saga

Manchester United striker Carlos Tevez has risked the wrath of Sir Alex Ferguson by reacting to the manager's comments regarding his contract situation.

Tevez, 24, has revealed his disappointment at speculation that he had rejected a new offer from the Premier League champions, and reiterated his desire for his future to be sorted.

''I didn't like him (Ferguson) saying I didn't like the offer I was made because neither my agent nor me were given one,'' the Argentina international, whose deal runs out in the summer, told Radio del Plata.

''I don't know anything on my future. United know what they must pay if they want me to stay.

''I want to stay but the club have not made any offer. I've been waiting for them for a year and a half.

The ongoing saga has prompted reports that Tevez, who joined United from West Ham in 2007, is a target of Real Madrid, and the forward added: ''If I have to quit the club, I want to quit on good terms.''

''Now all clubs are on an equal footing. If a club comes to me and offers me a five-year deal, I will accept it for peace of mind.

''I will sign my last contract, and then I figure that I'll go back to Boca (Juniors.) That could be in four or five years.''

''I want everybody to know no offer has been made. I don't like that they are playing with our fans, who show their love to me in each match.''
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

I think the real deal is the agent relationship and the fees that the agents would want to be paid. I dont think Tevez understands that or if he does he could be disingenuous. He is a good baller who is obviously not too bright. For as good as he is, he is almost a slave to his agents. He has one of the worst deals in all of football. It is almost as though they are not agents but owners of Tevez.
    "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

Fergie would be crazy to let Tevez go;he had our ticket when he was playing for West Ham.
      I suspect he is also concerned about lack of playing time.
      Truth be told, the Rooney/Tevez partnership was undermined by Fergie under the guise of injury and working in the new guy.

Blessed

Comment

As Westman rightly say his agents have him under one of the worst contracts ever and is trying to milk every cent. I doubt manu will be able to pay him because it would mean he will be getting as much as Rooney and Ronaldo.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Any player is cannon-fodder for Fergie! none is exempt!
          Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Westman View Post
            For as good as he is, he is almost a slave to his agents. He has one of the worst deals in all of football. It is almost as though they are not agents but owners of Tevez.
            How can it be one of the worst deals in all of football when he is poised to make $150,000 a week?

Comment

A sizable portion of whatever he gets will go to his agents. It is not a normal case. That is why there has been so much controversy evrywhere his agents go. They keep these young men as slaves.
              "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                How can it be one of the worst deals in all of football when he is poised to make $150,000 a week?
                Poised to make what? From who? Whey yuh get that number from?
                "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                  Poised to make what? From who? Whey yuh get that number from?
                  He's making 6 million Euros a year now isn't he? How can that be one of the worst deals in football when he's in the top 20 paid players in the world?
                  Last edited by Bricktop; January 6, 2009, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Westman View Post
                    A sizable portion of whatever he gets will go to his agents. It is not a normal case. That is why there has been so much controversy evrywhere his agents go. They keep these young men as slaves.
                    Not correct. They pay a fee to the agent which is separate from his salary. He himself earns 6 million Euros a year presently. His agents were already paid their money separately.

Comment

He's making 6 million Euros a year now isn't he? How can that be one of the worst deals in football when he's in the top 20 paid players in the world?
                      I read where his people want him to be paid in the region that Ronaldo and Rooney is paid, something close to what you quoted previously, but the club is offering 70,000 per week.

Comment

I read where his people want him to be paid in the region that Ronaldo and Rooney is paid, something close to what you quoted previously, but the club is offering 70,000 per week.
                        I think I read 80,000 pounds a week which is equivalent to 5 million euros a year which would still put him in the top 40 paid players in the world. The management deal he is under would be onerous if he was a scrub but he aint and teams are willing to pay the fee to his agents. Anyway this is the list I found with current salaries so anyway you look at it I don't see his deal as being a bad one:

Comment

This is what I'm questioning, "How can it be one of the worst deals in all of football when he is poised to make $150,000 a week?" Not what he is making now.

His people are pushing for him to get that, the Empire is offering less than half of that according to reports.

Comment

This is what I'm questioning, "How can it be one of the worst deals in all of football when he is poised to make $150,000 a week?" Not what he is making now.

His people are pushing for him to get that, the Empire is offering less than half of that according to reports.
                            Dollars or pounds?

Comment

Dollars or pounds?
                              Quid!

Comment

Working...
                              X