Invite to Africa Cup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invite to Africa Cup?

Does the Africa Cup invite non African teams like the Gold Cup does and if so would we gain value to go to a tournament like the Africa Cup. The passion that those teams play with during that tournament I would be somewhat concerned that we would not be able to bring the level of passion needed for such a tournament. Our major advantages may be nullified (speed and size) against many of the African teams.

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
    Does the Africa Cup invite non African teams like the Gold Cup does and if so would we gain value to go to a tournament like the Africa Cup. The passion that those teams play with during that tournament I would be somewhat concerned that we would not be able to bring the level of passion needed for such a tournament. Our major advantages may be nullified (speed and size) against many of the African teams.
    No boss, is only CONCACAF do dat fooliness, The African Nations Cup is for only African countries.

We need to do the same and have a true regional tournament.

Comment

Yes you right, it look like is only Concacaf looking for external validation. Well I guess I was daydreaming about an invite to the African Nations Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by Scaly View Post
        No boss, is only CONCACAF do dat fooliness, The African Nations Cup is for only African countries.

We need to do the same and have a true regional tournament.
        The South American CONMEBOL invite outsiders too. Do you forget the USA, Mexico and I think Honduras playing the last time? The problem with South American though, is that they do not have a lot of teams like other confederations. When you think if it they only have ten teams. The African confideration has 51. CONCACAF has 38 (?).

I can see why the Africans would not want any outsiders. CONCACAF on the other hand think that apart from the handful of top tier teams, USA, Mexico, Costa Rica, Honduras, T&T, Jamaica, El Salvador the rest are weak. They feel that to attract a good audience, they have to invite outsiders.
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Thanks Tilla, that is a good point, i just really feel like if we going to make this Jakan ball team into a serious business then JFF need to have as one of their key goals to stay inside the top 30-50 on the zfIFA ranking and to do that it will take aggressive action in seeking out the best possible opponents at least 6 times per year and at least once per quarter.

Comment

Working...
          X