Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuller going nowhere says Coates

Fuller was sent off shortly after West Ham equalised at Upton Park
    Stoke City chairman Peter Coates has said Ricardo Fuller will not be transfer listed despite slapping Andy Griffin in Sunday's defeat to West Ham.

The 29-year-old was sent-off for striking the Stoke captain in the 2-1 defeat at Upton Park.

Coates told BBC Radio Stoke: "There have been no discussions about selling Ricardo Fuller.

"He is such an important player for us, we want to strengthen the team rather than sell our best players."

Coates said he was disappointed by Fuller's actions, but despite condemning the Jamaican international he called into question the decision of referee Michael Jones to show the striker a straight red card.

"It was a big disappointment because we could have got at least a point from the game," said Coates.

"We can't blame the referee for the incident because that's Ricardo's fault.

"But I've seen the incident on television, and although I know players shouldn't raise their hands, in the great scheme of things I don't think it deserved any special attention.

"I think the referee could have used his discretion and common sense and told the players to get on with the game," he added. I think Tony Pulis would like about three players, but I don't want to give too much away

Peter Coates

Coates also dismissed any speculation linking Fuller with a move to Everton.

"If Everton are keen, it's news to me," said Coates.

"I don't mind clubs approaching us. I hope other clubs want all our players because that means they are good players, but it's up to us what we do with them."

And Coates reiterated his desire to strengthen the City squad during the January transfer window.

"We've got a few things on the go," said Coates.

"I think Tony Pulis would like about three players, but I don't want to give too much away.

"I do know we'll have a stronger squad at the end of January than what we have now," he added.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Fuller faces uncertain future

Stoke City striker Ricardo Fuller recognises he faces an uncertain future at the Britannia Stadium following his bust-up with captain Andy Griffin.

Fuller was sent off for slapping his skipper during Sunday's 2-1 away defeat by West Ham, sparking speculation the Jamaica international could be sold in January.

Chairman Peter Coates insists the forward will not be leaving, but rumour continues to suggest that the Potters could look to cash in.

And Fuller confesses that he is unsure as to whether he has a future with the Premier League new boys and acknowledges the final decision lies with the club.

"Who knows?" Fuller told Sky Sports News when asked if he had a future at Stoke.

Provoked
    "It is up to the club. I give my all for Stoke, maybe I give too much and that is maybe why I am in this position.

"I always try to do so much for Stoke City. I am a Stoke City player and that is all I care about.

"It is up to them. Anything that goes, goes. I am okay. I love to do football work for Stoke City. It is up to the club."

Meanwhile, Fuller has revealed that he was provoked by Griffin during the incident, which occurred immediately after West Ham has equalised Abdoulaye Faye's opener.

"I said to him, 'Griff, clear the ball out' and he was very rude and disrespectful," added Fuller when asked why the confrontation occurred.

Grudge
    "What he said was bad but what I did was worse."

But Fuller is adamant that there will be no long-standing grudge with Griffin and insists the incident is now in the past.

"That is how it goes in football. You want to do so well that these things happen," he added.

"I am sorry for the fans, especially, and for costing the team three points.

"These things happen and hopefully it doesn't happen again.

"It is all done and dusted. I am looking forward to the New Year and hopefully it will be a better one."
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Video available at http://link.brightcove.com/services/...ctid6128057001

Comment

Do these people ever listen to HL or read his well thought out and free from emotional biasness posts dem?

The man done tell us say "Football is a business" and Keeping Fuller makes great business sense so why nuff a we with our dirty and corrupted heart want to see the 50 million pound man gone?

dem fi go clean up dem duti heart fi the 2009 a who dem?

Now Jamaican players will be in high demand for the "fighting spirit" which is highly valued in England and respected by the fans for their passion.

The English fans will forgive a bust up every now and then if you tek it back to the pitch and deliver. All Fuller needs is a game winning goal to win back over the fans

now the pressure is on for the God to deliver

He will have to carry Stoke on his back
        Nothing new as thats what we do, we take teams to promotion just ask the big man Lowe and Blacka Pearl

A who dem?

Comment

wha happen? gimme a link nuh?
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Yuh nuh, but a suh di ting set. Dere will always be some

Comment

deh yah inna SC. Mi no have you phone number my lord

you can email me at shattacleve@yahoo.com

or text mi at 310-497-5765

deh yah si dung inna Columbia a medi pon taking it wicked to the bible belt come next year. You see the video fi the song August town.

trying to get the videos and a video mix fi tek these "spiritual" songs to the church dem. Stop run offa the ol bangarang dem. A the church people dem mi a target. Then its on to religious tourism and spiritual retreats in the mountains of JA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rwmb7pbXSnU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MT26...eature=channel

see the future yah all we need now is captions like we had in Shotta's and its a wrap. Deh yah a research how fi write a proper business plan

Link me

Comment

Shatta, as much as Fuller's conduct was unprofessional--I could understand venting his anger.

Look: Stoke plays X's team Liverpool at home Jan. 10th , then face Chelsea on Jan. 17th. This is what (I think) was going through Fuller's mind. Right now they are in the relegation zone and the next two games are not encouraging...

Recall when Emmanuel Adebayor 'pimp slap' Niklas Bendtner, or even William Gallas' recent conduct in describing the nonwinning ways of the team.

Sometimes a good player will take extreme measures upon himself. Not condoning Fullers actions--but it's fully understandable on my part.

Management knows this well; they have seen it before...and only an extremely $$$high bid will see Fuller leaving stokes.

Happy New 'ear Shatta Dread!!!
                The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Stoke nuh mad fe leggo the best relegation striker in the prem.Dem a guh down.
                  THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Working...
                  X