RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The most underrated player position in football today....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
    Essien is versitile but with both of them in it limits their movement as both are central midfielders and can easily trip over each other.
    Essien was slotted in the centrehalf position before on a few occasions and did very well with Obi on the field at the same time. Does it take away from creativity? sure it does but it can be effective based on the opponent. Liverpool have also used Mascherano and Alonso before and both basically play the same position but Alonso is a much better player. He reads the game exceptionally well and seems to break up alot of attacks.

Comment

Yuh mean di 'Diamon' Bibi breddrin, him shif gaan back real madrid right now.

Comment

Make Warlord gway. If Austin was trini, him woulda certain bout him.

Shalrie Josephs is also great at this position, pity New England nuh let the go a Scotland when they wanted him.
        You need to re-read my post. I said Austin isnt yet proven. He has potential but he hasnt solidified that position as his own. It has nothing to do with whether he is/was trini, grenadian, bajan or watever. Its about getting the best possible player for the position.

And as far as Shalrie Joseph is concerned, New England was ready to let him go. MLS was the deciding factor as to why he didnt get signed by Celtic. They rejected the 1 million pound offer that was on the table. That is exactly the reason why I said that our players should look past playing in MLS. They have too much control ova players contracts and transfers.

Comment

Originally posted by Dre View Post
          wa bout diarra of real madrd...di african one.....

Good player but im not sure he's the finished product just yet. Certainly been around the premiership with Arsenal, Chelsea. In fairness to him at Chelsea Makelele and Essien was always going to keep him out of the first team. He did good at Portsmouth but hes off to Madrid now so we'll see what happens there.

Comment

Originally posted by Warlord View Post
            That is exactly the reason why I said that our players should look past playing in MLS. They have too much control ova players contracts and transfers.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Give Austin some time, how it normally works is something like this

Most players don't really pay attention to that role as it isn't stressed by our coaches and so our youths tend to either be defenders or forwards.

However the Jamaican temperament, love of challenges, love of hard work, incredible learning curve, fighting spirit, dexterity and skill makes us well positioned to dominate that position for years to come.

the only requirement now is to Train and teach the youths from young(Ala Bolt who didn't come out of the blue)

Austin is the trailblazer for us but in the future we will have more youths ready and willing to take it to dem like how Omar Daley did to Honduras(word on the street is that his speed and skill dismantled Honduras) as they weren't prepared for him in that position.

All we have to do now is look at our natural advantages and work with it

Right now Essien and Diarra have the position lock but in due course just like Sprinting Jamaicans will dominate

All we need are teachers for our above average intelligent ballers

Comment

Originally posted by Warlord View Post
                Good player but im not sure he's the finished product just yet. Certainly been around the premiership with Arsenal, Chelsea. In fairness to him at Chelsea Makelele and Essien was always going to keep him out of the first team. He did good at Portsmouth but hes off to Madrid now so we'll see what happens there.
                no not that diarra.....the one that wears #6 for them ......hes been there like 2 years now....he plays for an african natoion...whie the other plays for france....

Comment

what unnu mean look pass?
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Liverpool has the best three players to rotate in that position , and they play a pivotal attacking role , the least attacking being maschi .We have the most goals scored from that position than all the top 4.As I said in my post winning the prem from the middle., Rafalution.
                    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

what unnu mean look pass?
                      The message is quite clear!! Avoid signing a contract with MLS if youre a young player with a bit of talent. Youre going to be better off in the long run. MLS is a good option when youre at the end of your career... ie.. Donadoni, Djorkaeff, Beckham, Freddie Ljunberg! I wont get into specifics but MLS employs a slave like mentality where caribbean players are concerned.They dont pay that great but expect a big return in the end. Could you imagine if the English employed a system that allows a group of people to negotiate player transfers and salaries on behalf of all clubs?

Comment

Originally posted by Dre View Post
                        no not that diarra.....the one that wears #6 for them ......hes been there like 2 years now....he plays for an african natoion...whie the other plays for france....

oh my bad..just realised your post. The other Diarra, I cant really comment because I havent seen any Madrid games just yet. I usually watch mostly the premiership, Dutch Eredivisie (when I have a chance to) and the Turkish Superliga with a sprinkle of la Liga's Sevilla and Villareal clubs.

Comment

Working...
                        X