Fuller escapes FA rap for fighting on the pitch with his Sto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuller escapes FA rap for fighting on the pitch with his Sto

Fuller escapes FA rap for fighting on the pitch with his Stoke captain Andy Griffin

By Sportsmail Reporter
    Last updated at 2:54 PM on 29th December 2008

Stoke striker Ricardo Fuller will escape further punishment from the FA after his clash with his captain Andy Griffin.
    Fuller was sent off for fighting with Griffin during the 2-1 defeat at West Ham.
    The striker is likely to be fined the maximum two weeks' wages by manager Tony Pulis, who is due to meet the player today to discuss the incident.

Scroll down for more

Stoked up: City's Ricardo Fuller is sent off by referee Michael Jones after clashing with team-mate Andy Griffin (below)

However, Fuller will just serve a statutory three-match ban for a red card issued for violent conduct as the FA do not plan to take further action.
    After the match, exasperated Stoke boss Tony Pulis said: 'Of course we are desperately disappointed. I've seen the incident on TV. Ricardo slaps Andy, he walks up and clips him round the chin.
    'I'll deal with that on Monday. I'll sort that out and we'll see what Andy has got to say. I'll deal with it in-house. There is no condoning what Ricardo has done. He's a very volatile player and a very volatile person.
    'He was already on the bus when we came in after the game but I'm sure he is disappointed in his reaction and what he did. I've not had a chance to see him yet.'

More...
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Did Fuller believed that Griffin should not play in the first place. Does Fuller want out before Stoke get demoted?

What was the reason for slapping his captain?

I hope them sort it out just for the sake of future jamaican players.

He should publicly apologize.

Comment

Working...
    X