Liverpool winning the Prem from the defensive middle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liverpool winning the Prem from the defensive middle

Lucas , Maschi & Alonso, bring something that no other prem team has , NONE:

The resolve to defend stoutly and attack fluidly slice threw opponents like butter,its Rafas philosophy on the new game , to be multidimensional .The only true defensive midfielder is Maschi and Rafa has encouraged him to work on his attacking game .While most teams are comfortable in having a defensive midfielder in the old fashion sense where they sit back and defend above the back line , rafas lets his charges roam upfront and contribute in the attack.

It plays a pivotal role in his rotation system , as we have seen when Gerard is rested , Alonso to a lesser extent Lucas is used as the attacking midfielder , and Lucas and Maschi are used in defensive roles with Lucas being the one to venture forward and support the Attacking midfielder.

Lucas gave a MOM performance this weekend having 4 clear shots on goal with one ruled off side after going in ,I understand why Rafa buys certain mid-fielders , they must have the capacity to play two roles in his rotation system attack and defend in the middle.I see the value in Barry but not at the expense of Alonso.The wisdom of selling for 14 to buy at 18 has to be questioned , but then again if that extra 4 mil brings home the prem , then its more reason to have faith in Rafaafter all I am his student.

When history has been written in this campaign , these 3 would have shone brightly.
    Last edited by Sir X; December 29, 2008, 10:40 AM.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

How Do these roles play into Rafa concept of Team ? I will address it later as I release my Thesis on Rafalution to the top of the PREM .
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Working...
    X