X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Best and Worst of 2008.....

The best would have to be...

Best:

#1. - Winning the CFU Cup and qualifying for the Gold Cup in '09 After missing '07 edition of the GC. Also the discovery of Morrison and Vernan and their performances at the Finals.
    #2. The great job Tappa did in the final 3 games of semifinal round with very little time for preparation.

Worst:

#1. Hiring of Rene Simoes early in the year.
    #2. Failure to qualify for the hexagonal and subsequently SA2010
    #3. The call up of some questionable players early in the semifinal round of WCQ by Simoes
    #4. I may get some stick for this but im not yet convinced on the hiring of Barnes. He won the CFU Cup but he is still unproven and lacks coaching experience at this level. I think he's better served as a scout.

Originally posted by Warlord View Post
    The best would have to be...

Best:

#1. - Winning the CFU Cup and qualifying for the Gold Cup in '09 After missing '07 edition of the GC. Also the discovery of Morrison and Vernan and their performances at the Finals.
    #2. The great job Tappa did in the final 3 games of semifinal round with very little time for preparation.

Worst:

#1. Hiring of Rene Simoes early in the year.
    #2. Failure to qualify for the hexagonal and subsequently SA2010
    #3. The call up of some questionable players early in the semifinal round of WCQ by Simoes
    #4. I may get some stick for this but im not yet convinced on the hiring of Barnes. He won the CFU Cup but he is still unproven and lacks coaching experience at this level. I think he's better served as a scout.
    Before 2008 - I suppose looking at Rene's failures...recalls Bora's?
    In that light it could be said that the overlooking of Tappa for the job of Coach of the Reggae Boyz may have been the greatest blunder made in the 2003 - 2008 period.

Lest we forget - Coach Tappa's Reggae Boyz have never been beaten!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
    X