X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bibi hugs a baby

Bolton Stars Get In The Festive Spirit

Posted on: Tue 23 Dec 2008
    The Bolton Wanderers squad have helped to spread the festive cheer over the last week by visiting the adults and children who won't be spending Christmas at home this year.

Last Thursday, the players called into Royal Bolton Hospital and Bolton Hospice to hand over gifts and donations before they took the time to help bring smiles to the faces of those at Derian House Children's Hospice on Monday afternoon.

Jussi Jaaskelainen explained that the visits to the community were the least that the players could offer and it helped them to understand how much work and care goes unnoticed.

He said: "It's nice for the players to come here if we can put a smile on the kids' faces and help them enjoy Christmas. It's not an easy time for the children and it's nice that we can help, and obviously you realise how lucky you are.

"It's the first time that I have been to Derian House yet it is only two minutes from the training ground and I've been training there for 11 years now!

"Hopefully we can help to raise money and their profile in any way we can."

Gretar Steinsson echoed Jaaskelainen's sentiments, adding that he hoped Bolton Wanderers continue to support Choley-based Derian House for many years to come.

The Icelander said: "It's fantastic to have the opportunity to come back into the community. They are doing a great job here and are working towards getting a bigger facility in a year's time, so hopefully we can help them more in the future to raise the funds that they need to keep everything going.

"It puts your feet back on the ground if you have a family because you see how fortunate you are.

"I hope the team and the club continue to help the hospice in the future."

Those requiring more information or wishing to donate to either Derian House Children's Hospice or Bolton Hospice can do so by clicking on the following links.
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Gardner Wants More Goals

Gardner Wants More Goals

Related Articles
    After finding the net for the second time this season against Portsmouth at the weekend, Ricardo Gardner has vowed to continue on the goal trail.

The Jamaican winger went six years without scoring in the Barclays Premier League up until his goal against Manchester City at the start of November, however he wasted no time doubling his tally only seven matches later.

The 30-year-old was obviously pleased with his strike against Pompey and has now set his sights on more goals before the season draws to a conclusion at the end of May.

"It was great to score again," he beamed. "We had made such a good start to the game, so when the ball dropped for me, I just tried to concentrate on keeping it down and it went in.

"It's been a while since I scored two goals in a season but now I have got that, I want more and more to help the team as best I can."

Prior to Saturday, Gardner had started the previous five games from the substitutes' bench, waiting patiently for his chance to force his way into Gary Megson's starting line-up.

And when that chance arrived against Portsmouth, Gardner wasted no time as he capped off a man-of-the-match performance with his fantastically taken goal.

He added: "Of course I want to play but the decision is with the Gaffer. If I am not picked, I'll wait patiently until I get my chance. Then I have to take it, like I did on Saturday.

"The lads have been excellent, so if I am on the bench because they are playing well, then that is okay.

"Matty Taylor has been great, so sometimes you have to accept the fact you are not going to be in the team.

"This is the Premier League - you have to make sure that when you are picked, you do enough to stay in the team.

"I am always disappointed not to play, but that is football, you have to keep working hard and hope it will come your way."
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Having a good season
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Him a tun politician now?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Gardner now in his 8th consecutive season of Premier League football.

That's a solid player right there. Pretty damn impressive.
          "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
          - Xavi

Comment

If it wasn't for injury Gardner would be a very good player in the EPL.

Everytime he gets on top of his form there is a major injury around the corner.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I don't think he would have been any better than he is now, apart from if Sam had played him as a winger.

Comment

at one stage he was ranked with Ashley Cole and the best in the EPL.
                His healthy runs were just not long enough as almost every season he missed some games because of injury then it took him time to get back on top of form.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Even during his best season as a defender, big sam restricted his movement into attack because of his system and his defense still was a bit suspect, now we are seeing the man who was a high flying winger emerging again.

Comment

Several years ago I suggested that he should play midfield for the Boyz, perhaps even for Bolton. Some people thought I was silly. Others have since run with the idea, and they too have been traced.

Ah well!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Check his last three years under Sam he was allowed to roam in attack. he may have started at left back but he even sometimes kick the ball off as center forward. His earlier years they had no cover at left back but as time went on Sam allowed him to roam in midfield. When you have youri and ockoca run the middle there was not a lot of room for Bibi there, he was played where he needed.

Check it and see.

Comment

His earlier years under Allardyce is when Sam had him as a pure attacking winger. When he came back from his first major knee operation, that was the best Bibi has played. His latter years Sam gave him a run there once in a Blue moon.

Comment

you need to check again. There were times when bibi was on top of his game especially the last year when Your left Bibi was mainly pushed up and combined with Jay Jay very well. I think that maybe his best form. The fact is he has had too many season injury surgery so by the time the next season start he isout of sink and have to start all over again.

Comment

Very good, yuh mean one a di bes pan di lef side, if not di bes, if him nevah a battle injury ebry minute. Di diamon ah teacha pan ball, 'Dread at di control Tower'

Comment

That was only a brief time that he was in that midfield role. He played mainly defence. Allardyce is the one who changed him from a winger after a few seasons. He had inherited him from Colin Todd as a winger.

Comment

Working...
                              X