X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real Ronaldo claims rile Ferguson

Real Ronaldo claims rile Ferguson

Ronaldo has been at Old Trafford since joining from Sporting Lisbon in 2003

Sir Alex Ferguson has hit out at Real Madrid over claims Manchester United have agreed to sell Cristiano Ronaldo to the Spanish giants.
    Real director Pedro Trapote reportedly told Spanish newspaper El Mundo a deal had been struck, but added: "there are clauses keeping us from announcing it".
    Speaking after his side beat Gamba Osaka in the World Club Cup, the United boss reacted furiously to the comments.
    "Would I get into a contract with that mob? Absolutely no chance," he said.
    "I wouldn't sell them a virus - that's a no. There's no agreement whatsoever between the clubs.
    "I said to David Gill a year last summer, when we sold Gabby Heinze, you can bet you life in January it will all start up with Ronaldo again. It'll happen again this January, believe me.
    "We've just got to ignore it because if we keep worrying about what Real are going to say then we are not going to concentrate on our own programme of difficult games coming up.

Over the five years he has been with us, we have seen him develop into the player he is today

Sir Alex Ferguson on Cristiano Ronaldo

"Sometimes it can be an angry situation and sometimes we are really annoyed with them, but we know the game and I think we should just play our game and ignore it all."
    Ronaldo has also responded to the claims saying he is happy to stay at Old Trafford and is unaware of Real's reported interest.
    "I don't care. I don't see newspapers," he said. "We are out here in Japan and I don't know nothing, what's happened around me.
    "I am very happy (at Man Utd), very happy."
    Trapote, understood to be very close to club president Ramon Calderon, had gone on record to tell El Mundo: "We have already signed our top target for next summer.
    "Is it Cristiano Ronaldo? It is Cristiano, there is no-one else. The thing is, it is better not to say anything right now."
    BBC Manchester's Steve Wyeth, who is out in Japan following United's progress at the World Club Cup, had earlier said the news has been greeted with anger by United officials.
    "It's been strongly dismissed, and with pretty colourful language," said Wyeth.
    606: DEBATE

Already? I thought we'd have to wait until at least January for these rumours to start again

MGheeMUFC

The latest twist in the Real Madrid-Ronaldo story could well open wounds between the clubs following the acrimonious dealings between United and the Spanish giants over the summer.
    Real's public pursuit of the 23-year-old ended with United complaining to Fifa over their conduct, with Ferguson claiming they had shown "a lack of morals".
    The case was dismissed because of a lack of evidence, and Ronaldo later told Spanish sports paper Marca in October that he is "with Manchester in body and soul".
    Ronaldo, this year's Ballon D'Or winner, is currently contracted at Old Trafford until 2012 and Ferguson has been delighted with his improvement since arriving at Old Trafford as a raw teenager in 2003.
    "Over the five years he has been with us, we have seen him develop into the player he is today," he added.
    "He always had certain attributes that pointed him towards the very top - his amazing skill, his speed and his courage. In the time he has been with us, he has developed his decision-making.
    "As a kid he played centre-forward for Sporting Lisbon and our people in Portugal kept telling us that 'this boy is a great goalscorer.' "When he first came to us, we couldn't see that. All of a sudden he just blossomed and last season he got 42. "That is a measure of a young person wanting to do well, to improve himself by his own determination and ambition to practise all the time."
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Transfer window open in a few weeks, worse this was said right after Real lost 0-2 to Barca.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Mr. President, I saw a piece of the second half of the Empire's match this morning. Don't be surprised to hear the gaffer calling for Endo's services. The Japanese played very good. They woke us up out our slumber after we had gone 2 up in the first half. After they pulled back one, Rooney and Fletcher were clinical in their finishing. The Empire soldiers have ice running through their veins - we nuh pet nor powda people!!!
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
        Mr. President, I saw a piece of the second half of the Empire's match this morning. Don't be surprised to hear the gaffer calling for Endo's services. The Japanese played very good. They woke us up out our slumber after we had gone 2 up in the first half. After they pulled back one, Rooney and Fletcher were clinical in their finishing. The Empire soldiers have ice running through their veins - we nuh pet nor powda people!!!
        Mi ketch it from the first half .... I did move away after Fletcher's goal to get ready for work. Tevez playing himself out of a contract.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

SAF needs to sit him down and mek him know seh him believe in him. He is not as confident as before. Of Course he needs to start more. I told you that Berbatov is upsetting the well-oiled machine. As my bredrin seh, it wasn't broken, so why try fix it?
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

SAF needs to sit him down and mek him know seh him believe in him. He is not as confident as before. Of Course he needs to start more. I told you that Berbatov is upsetting the well-oiled machine. As my bredrin seh, it wasn't broken, so why try fix it?
            Who have the most assists in the side? Say it with me, DIMITAR! If he is the broken link in the side, how the side naah flow when he isn't in the team?

Comment

So what do you think is the problem with the side?

Comment

So what do you think is the problem with the side?
                1. Missing too many chances
                2. Too many final passes not accurate enough.
                3. Players dream of playing against Manu hence they put on a performance of their lives. Look at Spurs' keeper? How many blunders did he have since the season started? Now look at the amazing saves he made against the Empire?

Another thing of note is that teams are playing not to lose rather than trying to win. Lets look at Aston Villa in their back yard and they were less adventurous than the week before when they played Arsenal away.

To put the blame on Berbatov isn't fair. Yes, he isn't scoring as much as everyone had anticipated, but look at the amount of chances he is creating? MAny times he drops deep, turn and make a pass that opens up a defense. The players just need to be more accurate with their final passes and their shots.

Comment

Back to the Reall MAdrid issue ... what a lah lah if both teams are drawn to play each other in the next round of the Champions League?

Group winners:

Barcelona
                  Bayern Munich
                  Juventus
                  Liverpool
                  Manchester United
                  Panathinaikos
                  Porto
                  Roma

Runners-up:

Arsenal
                  Atletico Madrid
                  Chelsea
                  Inter Milan
                  Lyon
                  Real Madrid
                  Sporting Lisbon
                  Villarreal

Comment

I would love that.

Comment

Working...
                    X