Neville deserves England place back, says Fergie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neville deserves England place back, says Fergie

YOKOHAMA, Japan (AFP) - Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson on Wednesday told Fabio Capello that Gary Neville deserved to be reinstated to the England team.

Neville is fighting his way back into the Manchester United line-up after a broken ankle, hamstring and calf injuries sidelined him for 18 months—and Ferguson said the 33-year-old was showing glimpses of his best once again.

"I think he and Wes Brown are England's best full-backs," Ferguson said ahead of their Club World Cup match against Gamba Osaka here on Thurdsay which Neville will start.

"I'd have no fear of playing them but Fabio doesn't know them as well as I do."

The problem for Neville is the emergence of young Brazilian Rafael de Silva, who has burst onto the scene to stake his claim for a regular first team place at United.

Ferguson admitted it would make it harder for Neville and Brown.

"For Gary and Wes there's the small problem of de Silva, who has taken off," he said.

"All of the players are very supportive of him, including Gary. The boy has come in, he doesn't speak the language well but he understands football."
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Fergie have a tendency fi guh off track sometimes. If Neville can't even start at Manu, how him fi start fi England? At this point he is 3rd choice for RB when Wes Brown is fit. Wes Brown, Glen Johnson, Richards of Man City are all ahead of him.

He needs to forget about int'l football.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Neville don't even belong in manchester second team now muchless big bad capello England squad. Gone are the days when England players are pick based on seniority or skin color.

Comment

Working...
      X